• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts suddenly are wrong in PDF

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using a series of PDFs for several years. These PDFs are generated out of Microsoft Access database. Today the data was updated -- new PDFs generated -- and suddenly they do not open correctly on my computer (Computer 1) in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, Adobe Acrobat Pro 9, or Photoshop CS5. What should be Arial MT (True Type) font shows as Adobe Sans MM (Type 1). The Arial-Bold MT (True Type) is fine. Those are the only 2 fonts in the documents. Nothing is different about the files except the data in them -- fonts and structure are all the same.

Computer 1 uploaded them to a web page, and from the Edge browser cannot open them at all. With Chrome, they open fine and the fonts are correct.

Computer 2 is where the files were generated. They were transferred with a flash drive to Computer 1. On Computer 2, which uses the same operating system (Windows 10) and the same version of Acrobat Reader DC (2015.023.20070) as Computer 1, the files open just fine with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. They open fine when downloaded from the website using Edge and Firefox.

I have searched the forum for a similar problem, but wherever someone has a PDF-font problem, the answer is that the person generating the file should embed the fonts. I don't think that's possible with the Access database generating them. Besides, it never was an issue before today. Also, that doesn't make sense -- embedding is necessary when a computer doesn't have the required font, but Computer 1 should have Arial MT on it, since the files worked for years and still work now when opened with Chrome.  I'm hoping for a solution that will explain why what worked just fine for years suddenly doesn't work anymore. (Not being able to open PDFs from Edge might be a different problem.)

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i have the same issue. since last week, some of the pdf documents open with Adobe Sans MM font, which is quite annoying as the size changes if it is in bold, capital letters, etc

i've been trying to find a solution as this was not happening before but i cannot find anything on internet.

i have a windows surface laptop with Windows 10 system.

i hope there is a solution for that as when i open the pdf with Microsoft Edge, the file opens with the correct font but when opening with Adobe it shows this Adobe Sans MM and makes the text difficult to read.

thanks

image_2021-02-08_182835.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines