• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Free Trial has destroyed my prior installed old version of Acro Reader

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried a free trial of Acrobat Reader.  It then destroyed the installed version on my Mac.  Now I cannot edit a PDF file as I could before - unless, apparently, I subscribe to a newer online version.  IS THIS TRUE?  If so, why was I not warned before trying the trial?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot edit with Acrobat Reader, you need either Acrobat Standard or Acrobat Pro. So I'm going to guess you were not using Adobe Reader.

It's been so long I cannot remember what warnings come up (I do remember there are some warnings) but Acrobat cannot have more than one instillation on a computer at a time, so if you had a previous version of Acrobat, a new install would have caused the previous one to uninstall. If it did, all you have to do is to reinstall the previous version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER FORUM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's no trial version of Reader. It's a free application. You probably installed a trial version of Acrobat (not the same as Acrobat Reader!). And if you were able to edit PDF files before then you didn't have Reader then, either, but Acrobat. If you still have the installer for that older version (and hopefully it's still compatible with your OS) then you should still be able to use it, after uninstalling the trial version.

Note, though, that the trial version automatically converts to a paid license when the trial period is over, unless you cancel it in time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines