• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Greetings. How do I edit the default email addresses in an existing "Email Form" button?

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings. How do I edit the default email addresses in an existing "Email Form" button?  When I click on the button... it brings up Outlook just fine and it has some of the email addresses that I want to send it to,,, but I want to add another email to the list so it automatically sends to this person as well.  Anybody know how I can edit the default email addresses?  Thank you very much 🙂

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

In Acrobat go to Prepare Form mode, then right-click the field, select Properties, Actions and edit the Mouse Up action. You should see the target email in the URL. Make sure to keep the "mailto:" part, though, when editing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need Acrobat to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes... I have Acrobat Pro.  // Just can't find the steps to change/edit the email addresses that are currently the default when the original "Email Form" button is clicked on.   We have a new person and I want to add her email to the current list that auto-populates in outlook.  Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat go to Prepare Form mode, then right-click the field, select Properties, Actions and edit the Mouse Up action. You should see the target email in the URL. Make sure to keep the "mailto:" part, though, when editing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much... finally found the answer.  I just now posted (is that a word) a word doc on the steps to follow to edit existing email button addresses in a .pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines