• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help needed with reader PLEASE

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to open a document on a Government of Alberta website I get the following response:

Please wait... If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document. You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by visiting http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_download. For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit http://www.adobe.com/go/acrreader.

I have checked and confirmed that the program is up to date

I am searching on a Google Chrome browser

I have no idea what to do

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johns74502620,

Have you tried with a different web browser?

If your Adobe Reader is up to date then try repairing the installation, Help>Repair Installation

Please go through the help document Troubleshoot viewing PDF files on the web  and try the troubleshooting steps mentioned under it.

Hope this is helps.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is generally caused by using a browser that is not compatible with the Adobe Reader plug-in. A browser that uses it's own pdf viewer. This is the message you will get when you try and open a pdf form in one of those browsers. Like mentioned above, either try a different browser or you can right-click the link to the pdf file, save it to your computer then open Reader itself and use File>Open to open the pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines