Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP PLEASE: PDFs won't preview in file explorer

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am hoping someone can help me with this current issue I am having. I don't know if it is an Abode or Microsoft issue but it is really frustrating.

I run a business that is 100% paperless and involves a lot of data entry. All scanned documents are renamed and then processed.

Needless to say that I use File Explorer all day long. The issue I have is with the previewing of PDF files. If I open a new File Explorer window none of the Pdfs will preview. This can happen once a day or 50 times a day. Even with each new folder opened, then there are days where the pdf's preview every time with no issues.

I have searched the net for a solution and the only thing I can find that tends to work is to open Task Manager and End task on the Adobe Acrobat background processes. Funnily every time I go to task manager there are always 2 occurrences of Adobe running. Initially this advice related to 32bit files but now works on the files listed below.

Sheridan23246407mr6w_0-1681007181059.png

Once I run the end task I can preview the Pdf files again.  

This problem occurs so many times a day that Task Manager has now been pinned to the task bar for ease of access.

I have tried updating the adobe reader but that didn't do anything.

This problem is happening on 2 pcs

If anyone can shed some light on why this keeps happening I would love to know.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheridan23246407mr6w,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please confirm whether you use the Acrobat Reader 32-bit or the 64-bit version.

To confirm, by "If I open a new File Explorer window, none of the PDFs will preview," do you mean that File Explorer is already open and you have a new File Explorer window? 

Share the Acrobat Reader and OS version on the machine.

It would be helpful if you could share the screen recording. 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Meenakshi,

Thank you for your reply.

The Adobe Reader is version 7.000.00003 | 64bit

The file explorer window could be opended for the first time and this error occurs. It could also be open in several instances all previewing fine and then all of a sudden nothing previews.

The original solution I had of ending task in the task manager was related to 32bit adobe but the 32bit no longer shows on the task Manager so I just end task on the running Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines