• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi. My document got locked by itself and now it is asking me to give a permissions password to edit it

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone has any idea what is the default permission password? I've not put any password  on the document, but now i nd one to edit it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

There's no such thing as a "deafult permission password", and documents don't apply a security policy on their own.

On top of that, Reader is not even capable of applying such a policy, so something else has to have happened...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no such thing as a "deafult permission password", and documents don't apply a security policy on their own.

On top of that, Reader is not even capable of applying such a policy, so something else has to have happened...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How was the document created?

If it was created from Microsoft Office from the Acrobat ribbon, the creator might have enabled security to be set automatically. That’s not the same as “by itself” as someone would have had to have triggered it, but it would appear to be automatic to the casual user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I asked the only people that could be considered a document author or creator, and that is the insurance company that sent me the form, which I downloaded, partially filled out and saved to my hard drive. They are not aware of any passwords that they set or that could be required. So what do I do to now finish editing the form, which I already spent a lot of time on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you been filling the form by typing on it? You must continue to fill by typing. Do not select EDIT to change things, that is not used to change your typing, it's used to change the form design. 

If you signed the form, that is probably final. Absolutely final. If it turns out the form wasn't finished, start again. It's best to save a copy before signing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines