Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hide tools Pane at right

May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using adobe acrobat reader for reading more than 20 different document every day and rarely need to use tools in tools pane that accupated about 20% of my screen size . every time i have to hide it and after opening new document it is there. do you know how can i set it as hide by default?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Hi mostafaa84699609,

Sorry for the delay in response.

To hide the tool pane at right in Adobe Acrobat Reader refer the steps provided here on this help document: Permanently close the Tools pane in Acrobat Reader DC

I hope this will help in resolving your issue.

Let us know if you need any further help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mostafaa84699609,

Sorry for the delay in response.

To hide the tool pane at right in Adobe Acrobat Reader refer the steps provided here on this help document: Permanently close the Tools pane in Acrobat Reader DC

I hope this will help in resolving your issue.

Let us know if you need any further help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have Standard DC, but the option that you refer to isn't there. I'd like to hide the tool pane as well..any suggestions?

Thanks,

Paul

Screenshot (2).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you close it manually, then close the application and restart it, it should remain closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Sorry--stupid question. I had been using the free version, which doesn't keep it closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the solution in the "free version" (ie, Reader) see above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with "Tools Pane' is it can only be temporarily  hidden. Once hidden, it easily comes back.

The far right side of the reader has a narrow area with a small <. If you happen to click on this area with a mouse (such as when scrolling, etc.) the tools pane is back again, so AFAIK on is unable to permanently hide the tools pane, unless there's a method to disable it until you actual need and select to open it.

I've been working with various types of softwares (and hardwares)  a year or two before 1982 when Adobe was first established.

There have been many innovations since, however I don't consider the current Tools Pane control to be one of them.

I'm constantly closing the Tools Pane as I'm always accidentally touching (barely clicking with my mouse) the narrow right side strip while reading a document,

Perhaps there's a work-a-round or other settings, if not the developers should have an actually permanent setting especially when it has to do with the readers display, activities and functions surrounding "reading" , as this application is a PDF reader. I understand developers want to help a readers experience however to need to constantly close the tools pane has become very annoying. I've try my best to not click on the very far right of the page, however when scrolling with the mouse it eventually happens and the tools pane is displayed again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This hasn't  worked for me as a permanent solution, as if I happen to click the very far right of the page (such as when scrolling) the tools pane opens again. So I'm constantly closing the tools pane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are TWO key design issues in Adobe Reader DC highlighted in this thread (and many others). Only ONE has been dealt with by Adobe (a couple of years ago). The second is described well by wms48300982 elsewhere in this thread... that the Tools pane minimises to a full height button that sits right next to the scroll bar (and worse still, to the right of the scroll bar next to the edge of the screen). There is a VERY GOOD REASON why GUI designers don't do this sort of thing in almost all of the countless GUI styles that have been created over the years.

Quite frankly I'm staggered that Adobe hasn't fixed this design flaw in the 3 years since introducing it. Clearly users aren't happy with the current design (based on the volume of discussion about it). I'm only reexamining this issue now as I just bought a brand new laptop (2018 model) with Adobe Reader XI preinstalled and was wondering why (and whether to update to DC). I think I may have just discovered at least part of the reason, and likely won't be updating it. So even major laptop manufacturers aren't using DC!

/Ross

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't working! I've followed the directions multiple times, and while it works in the reader itself, it does not work when accessing the reader from IE explorer. I open documents at work daily using a program that runs in IE explorer. Usually, settings from the Reader do translate to the reader extension used when reader opens in IE explorer, but THIS ISN'T ONE OF THEM, and its causing me no end of pain. We never use anything in the tool pane. EVER. I don't need anything in it, I don't need to see it, and since I am using this to audit documents at my company, Im never going to subscribe. I can't edit the registry, and this "remember current state of toolbar" isn't working either.  Please fix it! Im about to throw my computer against a wall trying to do my work everyday.  This is reminiscent of what happened a few years ago. I USED to be able to override Zoom in the IE reader to open at 75% all the time. an Update happened, and I havent been able to do that for YEARS. I REALLY am starting to hate you Adobe. Every few years, you just make my life that much more intolerable. FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT

GET THE POINT YET???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is working in IE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Acrobat Pro DC. There is no option to "Remember current state of Tools Pane." I would kindly ask developers to have mercy on the thousands of us who previously used full sized monitors and are now working from home in the pandemic with tiny laptops. Please create a way to hide the tools pane, or the tools "pain" as I now refer to it.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is still an issue. 

You are forced to click on close every time 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines