• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

High cpu usage/Slow program opening.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello . I'm expieriencing high cpu usage and slow PDF file opening.

I'm using LENOVO THINKPAD P15S GEN 1 

I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64bit

CPU:Intel Core i7-10510U

Ram:16 GB

SSD: 512 GB

GPU: NVIDIA Quadro P520 2GB GDDR5

I'm using free version of Adobe DC Acrobat Reader. 32 bit.

After Opening one of pdf document, Ram rise up to 20 %. and it loads very slowly.

What i did to tried resolve this problem to but without consequences.

1. Reinstalling app.

2. Disabling SAFE features.( it workded but other program what use ADOBE PDF started not responding so i swithed SAFE feuture.

3.Tried to open Adobe reader in safe mode.

4.Also tried to switch from cpu program usage to  Nvidia Quadro graphics but no results.

(P.S)

Problem dissapearing after using Foxitreader for opening same document. It opens Instantly.

TOPICS
PDF forms , PDF Pack

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the after opening PDF, the CPU usage increases and it loads very slowly.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader you are using? To check the version goto Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates and  reboot the computer once.

Also go to Edit > Preferences > Page Display > Under Rendering, Uncheck 'Use page Cache' > Click OK and check if that makes any difference.

If it still doesn't work, please create a new test user profile in Windows with full admin rights and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello again . Thank you for advice but still nothing.

i'm attaching Adobe version i\m using.

(P.S) Could it be not Adobe problem but Windows 10 bug? For example Lenovo Windows Build sometimes have buggy drivers installed. And problem solving is only reinstalling Windows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines