• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I stop Acrobat DC from opening files I just downloaded?

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be some setting to tell acrobat not to open a file when it downloads. Where can I change this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Look in Chrome settings under Advanced>Downloads. Hit "Clear" where it says "Open certain file types automatically after downloading"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it has nothing to do with Acrobat. It's a setting of the browser you're using.

If you tell us which one it is we might be able to help you change it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No kidding? I'm using Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in Chrome settings under Advanced>Downloads. Hit "Clear" where it says "Open certain file types automatically after downloading"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep in mind that Acrobat and Reader have no idea that you've downloaded a file so, it is always in the settings for the browser (or any app that has the same habits).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suddenly started getting the same problem when I was scanning and saving the files to a folder: the pdfs just started opening automatically. But same with jpegs, which open in Photoshop on my system. So the problem obviously originated in the scanner software, in this case VueScan,  whose settings I had played with while doing a profile. Somehow the option field for External Viewer was set simply to VIEWER  which seems to mean automatically open the scan in its format's default viewer programme. Once I set it to NONE the problem vanished. So if your problem relates to scanning, check out that angle. If your problem is with internet downloads, I'm sorry I have no further help.. Good luck.  Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

lckysquirrel_0-1709134794596.png

Chrome sucks - they turned this on without asking...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines