• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to cut a pdf image?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I cut a pdf image in the updated Adobe Acrobat Reader?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

I mistakenly said I had Acrobat Reader.  I have only Photoshop Elements 2019 and it's done everything I need.  I assume I would be able to convert the pdf file to jpg or something I can crop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible with Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean COPY an image to another app? Reader could never CUT images (delete them).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always been able to trim (sorry I used the word "cut") the image in Adobe Acrobat Reader.  But now I can't. There was a link in the program that I could trim the picture.  I scanned a small photo, and of course it comes out as an 8-1/2 x 11 inch, with lots of white around the image.  I want to cut the white off/trim the white off.  How do I do that in this pdf? Also, I found out I can't change the pdf to a jpg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't do any of that with the free Reader. You either used Adobe Acrobat before, or a third-party application to scan a document, crop it and then save as a PDF file, which was then opened in Reader.

Reader can only display PDF files. It can't create or edit them (except for basic tasks like fill in form fields, add comments, sign, etc.).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  It's Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019 that I have and it isn't functioning well anymore.  So I am going to buy the 2023 version for $99.  Ouch.

Marian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements is not the right tool for this. You need Acrobat. You had it before - maybe you still have the disks somewhere? Though old apps may not install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to trim with Adobe Acrobat Reader 2019 just fine.  I finally figured it out.  So I'm fine and I don't have to buy a new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How did you do it with Reader, exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mistakenly said I had Acrobat Reader.  I have only Photoshop Elements 2019 and it's done everything I need.  I assume I would be able to convert the pdf file to jpg or something I can crop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines