• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to fix "There was an error while reading this stream" error?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat Reader DC that I downloaded online for a very long time now. Today, I opened a PDF from my email using the Acrobat Reader. Then I saved it into my laptop. The first time this occurred, when I was saving it. Then the 3 other times, it saved properly, there was no pop-up. When I checked and opened the files again, that's when the error poped-up and it didn't have any words on it. How do I fix this? 

(I have seen the other disscussion, it has nothing to do with the scanner firmware. I don't have one.)

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you able to share the file? or even the error that is shown ( if it adds anything)

Are you able to save it straight out of the email and work that way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My Reader isn't connected online, so I can't share files. As for the error, that's all that it says (There was an error saving while reading the stream.) and thank you for suggesting that. I will try it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are getting the error 'There was an error while reading this stream'

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. Please try to re-download the PDF to your computer locally and save as with a different file name and check.

If you are on a work machine managed by IT and try to check your network policy settings.

Please try to turn off the protected mode for testing (Win Only) Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'enable protected mode for testing' and uncheck 'Enhanced Security' > Click OK and reboot the computer once.
Note: Please turn on the security after testing to avoid any security risk.

Also make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

It seems like it's a problem with all the PDFs, but I will go back to it. And no, it is my personal laptop and am not connected to other laptops. I will try to update it if there is. 

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER FORUM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines