• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to force Acrobat and Reader to default to the Windows File/Save Dialog?

Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very frustrated. In my PCs I have either Acrobat DC or Reader DC.  (I have three main PCs.)

When I go to File > Save As, an Adobe dialog box comes up with some recent locations to save. I then have to select "Choose a Different Folder" which opens the default Windows file/save dialog box. 

Screen Shot 11-20-18 at 03.00 PM.PNG

Is there an option to force the Windows dialog box to open by default? Not sure why Adobe has a custom one, all my other Windows apps use the default, which is much easier.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Hi PerfectReign,

Sorry for the delay in response

You may try the following steps and let us know if that works for you.

Launch Reader>Edit>Preferences > Categories> General

Uncheck: "Show online Storage When opening files" & "Show online Storage When saving files"

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PerfectReign,

Sorry for the delay in response

You may try the following steps and let us know if that works for you.

Launch Reader>Edit>Preferences > Categories> General

Uncheck: "Show online Storage When opening files" & "Show online Storage When saving files"

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has Adobe added a feature for save to default to the last file location?  Similar to other users sometimes I have to save multiple documents to the same file and it is a slow and cumbersome process to repeatedly have to select the file location instead of simply defaulting to the last file location used.

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

merhaba 

Bu sorun çözüme kavuştu mu. gereksiz ve zahmetli bi iş bu. adobe XL de kayıt için ayrıça seçim yapmaya gerek yoktu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines