• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Have Full-Color Highlight without Hiding Text

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, for some unknown reason, my Acrobat Reader highlighter turned pale.  I'd like to make it darker, but there appear to be only two things I can adjust: color and opacity.  If I change the opacity enough to darken the highlight, the text I'm highlighting gets hidden.  If the opacity is high enough to show dark text, the highlight is pale.  Is there any way to have fully black text and full-color highlight?  It's been that way for a couple of years until today.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nesr5,

Thank you for reaching out.

The team is aware of this issue and working on the fix.

We will keep updating you with more information.

Would you mind sharing the application and OS version on the machine?

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem after transferring documents to a new Mac computer (in particular, I'm working with a document that was scanned without OCR, so I'm not using the text highlighter; the document is just a black and white scan of printed pages). 

The highlights that I made on my old computer are in full colour (set to 100% opacity) and the words are clear underneath. These highlights haven't been affected.

But when I make new highlights, using 100% opacity covers the words. At lower opacity, the yellow looks insipid and washed-out and the words can be grainy.

I'm using Mac oS Monterey 12.6 and Reader version 2022.003.20258.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nesr5 and Michael26864601y6nq,

Thank you for being patient.

We have released an optional update that addresses this issue.

Please update the application and check if you still experience the same behavior. In the application, go to Help > Check for updates.

You may refer to the following page for more information on the latest updates: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines