Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to stop Acrobat Reader from tabbing away after printing

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,
I often have to open and then print many documents at once. My Problem: When ever I go through the Acrobat tabs and print a doc Acrobat tabs away after the print job to the program I had previously open, such as file explorer, mail, or any other random program. So after each print job I have to go back to Acrobat find the tab I just printed, close it and move onto the the next doc tab. (I have to go through each doc individually as sometimes I only need a specific doc page printed.)

This is very annoying, makes the job take twice as long and I also cannot imagine a situation where this behaviour would make sense as Acrobat isn't even closing the document I just printed. It just tabs away.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Print , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thanks for reproting the issue here.

We tried the same with a set of PDF files in latest Acrobat Reader DC; but the same was not reproducible at our end instead the printing workflow worked as expected.

Please share the system configuration, so that the issue can be tried in-house as well.

OS version, Reader's version installed, type of PDF file used; if the issue is for a set of file only then if possible can you share the same.

Regards,

Swapnil Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your swift reply!

Acrobat version 20.9.20074.389258 (it says no update available)
Type of PDF file: Not sure where I can access this information. File properties tell me Adobe Acrobat Document.

Acrobat always tabs away after I hit print of a document - when I have one or several files open (if that was the question).

To avoid misunderstandings, this is what happens: Starting from Explorer I usually open several pdf documents, go to Acrobat, choose one doc, print (no difference if I go via CTRL+P, the printing icon or File/Print), the moment the print job is sent the active window switches away from Acrobat to the programm window that was active just before, when I go back to Acrobat the printed documet is open.

Hope this helps reproducing it.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looking for an answer to this situation. When I print a job when I have Adobe Acobat open, it does the same thing - as soon as I click on the "print" option in the print screen, Adobe jumps to another tab that I may have open. Why and how can I get it to not do that? Please help, anyone...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines