Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sign in prompt when opening pdf file

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I am seeing for multiple users that have latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC that every time when trying to open a pdf file the Adobe Acrobat Sign in prompt pops up, please let me know if there is any option to not get this sign in prompt or is this a mandatory feature to be able to use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC?

the environment is mix of Windows 7, Windows 10 and few Macs High Sierra and Mojave  The Adobe sign in prompt is only coming up for few folks, the others like myself can open pdf file without being prompted to sign in

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Hello Furqangraham,

Adobe Reader does not ask for a force sign-in to read PDF files. However we recently signed-out users with un-verified Adobe IDs.

For such users, we show a sign-in prompt when they launch the application, to let them know that they have been signed out and they can sign back again. This is not a force sign-in. The red-cross button on the top-left should make the sign-in dialog go away.

Ask the users to download the latest version of Adobe Reader 2019.008.20074 from help>check fo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

clicking the red button doesn't work, I am unable to use Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! On Mac Ventura 13.0.1 and Adobe READER Continuous Release | Version 2022.003.20281 it STILL FORCES (not requests, not offers) login. READER not full Acrobat. No, clicking the red close does NOT work. It does NOTHING! Yeah, I can move the window but I cannot dismiss it. 

Come ON, this is ridiculous. This happened in October of 2019 and now it's happening AGAIN! I'm a programmer, this took EFFORT. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this does not help. Why should ANYONE be required to sign up for Creative Cloud? Cloud computing is one of the worst ideas we've ever seen, forcing users to give up control of their own data. Companies like Adobe that refuse to respect the privacy and data rights of their software users do not deserve our support. Private pdf files should be unencombered by a "sign in". The loss of this will result in millions of users abandoning Adobe - there are other options now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Second that. I've been trying to solve this issue for months now too without luck.

And it's annoying when you are on a long haul flight and can't open a file or review any documents due to this CONTINOUSLY happening.

Adobe please as @KevinB82B mentions, remove the sign in on launch..this is a massive pain point 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been seeing this randomly now for a month or so.  Installations of Acrobat 2017 that have been working fine for years all of the sudden start to prompt for sign in.  The only fix we've found is to completely uninstall/reinstall the application.

Adobe, what is causing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I pay you people every month.  How can I be unverified?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help!: I'm on Mac 10.11.6. I recently created an Adobe account to use some feature Acrobat Reader said would be enabled if I signed in. So I created an account. Turned out whatever the feature I had searched for *could* be turned out BUT only for a monthly fee. So I didn't proceed. I signed in/created the account via Apple as that was an option and I didn't want to use FB or Google. NOW, every damn time I want to open one of the hundreds of simple PDFs I've created over the years I can't just double click on them (NOR does going to File > Open and selecting the file). The sign in pop-up still persists and there is no way out of it. There IS NO "red cross button" on the top left. How do I possibly turn off this incredibly annoying "feature"?  Thank you to anyone that can help. I am trying not to rant about how BigBrother intrusive this is.  Thank you. (Some other "solved" post on another site suggested navigating to Library > Adobe > SLStore and turning something off. I can find no such file/folder anywhere on my Mac.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

go to https://account.adobe.com to manage you account.

If you created an AdobeID your login is the primary email address that you used to associate it wit the AdobeID.

If you're able to login online, click on "View Plan Details". It will bring you to another landing page, check if there are any billing discrepancies. If you do see that you're getting charged for something that you didn't subscribed contact Adobe Customer Care directly.

In addtion,  scroll down all the way to the bottom of that page and see if you have more than one active computer device associated with this account.

If you see more than one active computer device, remove or deactivate and only leave active the computer device that you're currently using.

The other step is to go to Apple and see what subscriptions are associated with Acrobat or anything related to Adobe and deactivate from there.

To check if you have access to your document go here:

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/documents 

and follow this basic guidance: https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/manage-files.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help! I am getting bogged down with having to sign in with user name and id every time I open a pdf. Its my home computer so I hope I don't have to do this. THis requirement is brand new, I used to not have to do that with my Acrobat Reader DC (for last 2 years). I searched the help forum, and couldn't find anythign for a Microsoft surface pro tablet (if that makes a difference). Are there clear and easy instructions on this? I have version: 2020.012.20043.

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to this link:

Click on "Manage Plans". In the next landing page, scroll down to the end of that page and see the section for active devices.

It ispossible that if you have more than one computing device (where you have used  your Acrobat subscription), you may have to deactivate or remove those devices and only leave active the computer device that you're currently using to sign in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. I followed the link above and was able to deactivate one account, so I now have only one active account, but I am still having to sign in each time. It didn't solve the problem. Do you have any other ideas on how I can avoid having to sign in each time I open a pdf document?

Thank you for any help or insight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only observation that I can think of is if the documents that you're trying to access are shared documents? Or,  if you when you try repairing the Acrobat installation the problem goes away or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my wife has the same problem as discribed above. We started the registration for an Acrobat Reader Pro version a week ago, but then decided against the product and did not finish the purchase.

Now, Acrobat comes every hour or so with a pop up and demands that the purchase is finalized when my wife opens a new PDF that she wants to read! This completely block Acrobat. Everytime we then need to shut Acrobat down and restart it again. We have then peace for a few files, until the hassle starts again. How can we stop Acrobat from insiting that we buy Acrobat Pro that we don't need - and give these new experience will never consider again. We use 2013 Macbook Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the Acrobat Cleanup and Repair Tool?

See if running this tool after uninstalling the product resolves the issue:

https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with constantly having to sign-in just to view pdfs (both on browsers, saved on my computer and when I try and create a pdf that I am saving on my computer, not on the cloud)  This tool clearly is not to be used with Create Cloud Suite applications.  I use Adobe Acrobat DC.

I have done all recommended prompts but still have to sign in at least five times a day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about, Adobe, you just fix the login problem? Every (be respectful here, Mack) "day" I'm logging in at least once a day AFTER I've logged in to my computer, for goodness' sakes. Just fix the problem, don't have me download "cleaners" or all this stuff, just fix the problem.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also - don't send me two emails about "you have a New Rank" and "you just earned a new badge!" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happening to me as well and they are not shared documents.  Plus I downloaded them before I got Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why should anyone be required to have a "plan"? Adobe has essentially inserted itself right into the middle of business and private activities by demanding a "sign in" to read a pdf document. This should be illegal and will probably be challenged in court if they do not fix this issue. Sign-in should not be required, period when simply viewing a document. We've asked ALL of our suppliers to abandon the use of Adobe and pdf creation for this reason (everyone is switching to Word now). No sign in required - as it should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'D LIKE TO BE KIND AND REPSECTFUL BUT THIS IS A FORCED SIGN IN AND A PAIN IN THE NECK TIME SUCK!!!  MY RED CLOSE BUTTON IS DISABLED AND DOESN'T WORK.  I'M BUSY AND DON'T HAVE TIME TO RABBIT HOLE THIS CRAP!!! FIX IT, ADOBE!!! OR IS THIS HOW ADOBE TROLLS OUR FILES!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe screwed the pooch with this one. This IS a "forced sign in" and you cannot get out of that stupid login window it demands credentials for. You cannot close the window or even close Adobe Reader unless you do a forced program shutdown (Mac computer).  Nor can you view the .pdf file without that stupid sign-in window blocking the viewing. I suggest everyone abandon Adobe after this disaster. Requiring login credentials to see a private .pdf file is beyond stupid - its extremely intrusive, highly irritating and now makes Adobe Reader absolutely useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This absolutely is forced sign in. Adobe Reader is acting like ransomware. Appalling. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having the exact same issue and I don't know what to do. this is getting irritating 

i don't want to sign in as first of all I  don't wanna have my data and files getting stored or shared on cloud and I generally don't sign into stuff so pls can anyone tell me a way to avoid this problem.

btw it asks me to sign in now not sign in so whenever is try to close that window the software closes as well.

i really wanna access my files while still being able to work so any advice would be appreciated 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a new designer using Adobe XD to create interactive sales presentations. Animations, hover states, scrolling, the works. I want to share the final project privately with prospective clients. I finished my first design and shared it with another email of mine to see how the link works and how it presents itself. It forces me to sign in to view the link. My prospective clients won't have Adobe accounts to view. And i definitely don't want them to have to create an account. Is there no way to share my files and keep the animation? What's the point of prototyping if u have to save something as a boring static PDF. Adobe should have private link hosting where presentations present as HTML5 in a window basically functioning as a private interactive presentation. Maybe there is a way? Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having exactly the same issue and this is forced sign-in. Is there a light at the end of the tunnel for this issue or all of us are pouring into Adobe's black hole?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines