• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't click return/enter on a fillable PDF form

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have been completing a PDF fillable form fine all day, have been able to use the enter/return key to start new paragraphs. Suddenly am unable to. Nothing happens when I press enter/return. Also when I type the text just runs on and on right through the text box wall so you can't read it. It doesn't automatically create a new line once it reaches the text box perimeter like it should.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Contact the creator of this form. This form field allows only one line of text.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact the creator of this form. This form field allows only one line of text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The statement above is correct. But also the text box has a maximum amount of lines running up and down. If you have a page 2 on the document you may need to move some of your information to the next page to create room on your text box to continue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem, but I'm the creator of the form. The fillable field works correctly on a Mac but not on a PC. On a PC the text won't wrap to the next line automatically, it just continues in one line. And you can't insert a hard return to type on the second line. I tested on someone else's Mac and it worked fine. I tested on two PCs and it doesn't work correctly on either one. Both PCs are using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.

I shared the form via Adobe Acrobat and the PC user was able to open and type in the two lines in the field, but only when opened within a web browser. When she saved it to her hard drive she wasn't able to type in two lines, only one line. Prior to sharing via Adobe Acrobat, I emailed the form to her which had the same results. It works in a web browser but not in Adobe Acrobat.

The PC user needs to be able to save the document with two lines of text to her hard drive so she can edit it. I made an additional document with two text boxes that will work, but any other ideas of how to get a multi-line text box to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a text field with the multi-line option activated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did. The multi-lines worked on a Mac but not on a PC. They worked on a PC when viewing in a web browser, but not in Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the form is attached. Scroll to the bottom to see the field. Thank you for your help, I appreciate it!  -Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange. Something must have got corrupted in the file. I created the same field in another file, copied it over and then it works fine. See attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your file worked for me, too. Did you create it on a Mac or PC?

I just went to a PC and added the multi-line field and it worked correctly. For some reason the Mac is doing something that PCs aren't happy with. At least I know I can create a multi-line field when using a PC. But I work on a Mac, so that's kind of inconvenient (insert shoulders shrugging emoji here).

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used a PC. Did the file I sent worked fine on a Mac? I think it should, but can't test it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it worked on a Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works in Acrobat DC on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using Acrobat Pro, I draw a text box inside the problem box.  My text then wraps inside the text box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines