Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't install Adobe Reader on my PC

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I'm trying to install Adobe Acrobat Reader on my PC, but I can't and I don't know what's happening, since I never had an issue with it before.

My old hard disk broke and it got replaced with a new one (the old one was removed from my desktop PC). I now have a new operating system, which is Windows 7 Ultimate.

I don't have any Adobe program installed on it, since the replacement of the hard disks was recent, and now I'm trying to re-install everything I had on my old hard disk.

When I try to install Acrobat Reader, at the very end, I get the message that a newer version is already installed. I don't see how this is possible since, I'll say it again, I have absolutely 0 adobe programs installed. This was supposed to be the first one.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Hello Amaliam,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader, please reboot the machine once and use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove any corrupt or conflicting installation files of Adobe Reader and any previous instance of Adobe Reader application Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and download Adobe Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Locate the setup and Right-click on the setup file and click on ‘properties’.

Click on the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amaliam,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader, please reboot the machine once and use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove any corrupt or conflicting installation files of Adobe Reader and any previous instance of Adobe Reader application Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and download Adobe Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Locate the setup and Right-click on the setup file and click on ‘properties’.

Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/7 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

Once this is done, restart the computer and locate the Adobe Reader icon and right click and choose Run as Administrator.

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry for my late reply but I had a health problem and didn`t get back to work only a few days ago.

That didn`t work out for me.

I followed the instructions, I downloaded and used the Cleaner Tool.

Then, when I tried to install Adobe Acrobat Reader I got this message:

error.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amaliam,

I am sorry for the delayed response, hope you are doing well now. Thank you for sharing the details.

Please reboot the machine once and check for any pending updates of Windows and install them. Reboot the machine again and try the suggestion from the following Adobe article Error 1722 with Windows installer package of Acrobat DC

If the issue still persists, please create a test user profile with full admin rights, and download Adobe Reader from the URL ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/AcrobatDC/1900820081/

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this is the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines