Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's my error message  I can't run my business without pdf or excel! help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello karenm6603

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, you are not able to open PDF files or Excel file in Adobe Reader, Is that correct?

Adobe Reader cannot open an Excel file, as it can only open a PDF file. Only Adobe Acrobat Standard or Pro can open an Excel file.

If you are not able to open a PDF file with Adobe Reader, please check for any pending updates of Adobe Reader from Help>Check for updates. Reboot the machine.

Repair the installation files of Adobe Reader from Help>Repair installation(only for Windows). Reboot the machine and try opening the PDF file.

You can also refer to Can't open PDF Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/cant-open-pdf.html

Let us know how it goes, and feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show an error message when you try to open a PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader?

And if you can't open Excel files when you try using Microsoft Excel, here is the link to the forum for Excel:

http://www.excelforum.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

To problem is: no error message.
Since update KB5005565 pc's where Adobe Acrobat Reader and Office are installed are causing issues:

When trying to open Excel, instances of Adobe Acrobat Readerr are appearing in task manager, but not opening

Nor does Adobe Acrobat Reader open.
We have, in our company, this issue on more than 100pc's, the only ones not affected are the Windows 11 test-pc's.
We tried to force an update to version 21.007.20091 but that does not solve the issue.
Basicly the only way people are able again to use office is to completely desinstall Adobe Acrobat Reader...
Wich is not an option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has nothing to do with the original post. Post your question under a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines