• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot change the author, title, and other properties of a PDF file

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I cannot change the properties of a PDF file, like author, title, subject, and keywords as all these fields are grayed out. Some of the PDF files I have are filled with information, and some are not. For both cases I am unable to change them. I have considered the possibility that these files are protected by their creators, but the files have no passwords, and I have even tried to create my own PDF using Microsoft Office Word Document and then saved it as a PDF, and even then, though I'm the creator of the file it shows the author with a name I have never seen before and I still cannot change that

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , PDF and browsers , PDF forms , PDF Pack , Share or review PDFs , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correct, Reader can't change those properties. You would need Acrobat to do it, or find a way to do it within the application that's creating the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines