• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I couldn't find 'Open documents as new tabs in the same window' [2017]

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knew that acrobat DC offer the function in which new documents is opened as new tabs.

But I couldn't find that option in the setting menu(I had already saw the method for setting the function: Preferences > General > Open documents as new tabs in the same window (requires restart)).

There was no option below 'Show online storage when saving files'. ('Show online storage when saving files' was just the last option.)

How can I solve this problem?

-I can't reinstall acrobat DC because of 'error 28000'.(I'm using Windows 10)

bb.PNG

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Kindly update the Acrobat via Help->Check for updates and keep us posted with your observation.

-Thanks

Sunil Soni

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

I found it.  Revert back to the old view for Acrobat.  Restart Acrobat.  Go to the General settings and you will see "Open documents as new tabs in the same window"; Uncheck it.

CWMcCall_0-1695219434543.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Acrobat DC or Reader DC? If the former, what exact version number and what track (Continuous/Classic) are you on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 재윤이69280284,

It seems that you are using Adobe Acrobat DC classic version.

Could you please confirm the dot version of Adobe application you are using.

To check dot version, launch the application and go to Help menu > About Adobe Acrobat DC.

The option to "open PDF as a new tab in the same window" is not available on the classic track.

If you have the classic track, then you will not be able to open PDFs in a tab view.

Let us know if you need any help or if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your kind reply.

I'm using acrobat pro DC on continuous track version 2015.007.20033.

Doesn't it offer a tab view??

cc.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

I'm having this same issue but I have the Classic version. Can you confirm that there is really no way to use tabs in the classic version? Is there no workaround to keep from having to open a new window for each document?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tabs were not in the 2015 version. You can purchase an upgrade to the 2017 version, or switch to subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kindly update the Acrobat via Help->Check for updates and keep us posted with your observation.

-Thanks

Sunil Soni

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help very much.

I updated my acrobat pro DC to latest version, then now I'm able to use a tab view function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sure i have the 2017 version, however when i split pages in a document before they would open in a new tab, now i have to save them in a folder each time which is so time consuming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Split pages doesn't open the documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran update, restarted my Adobe Acrobat Standard DC:

romocop_0-1586305027722.png romocop_1-1586305122151.png

Below there are suggestions (unsure if official Adobe responses), that you have to buy up? That doesn't make sense when the "reader" version offers this feature (nultiple docs to tabs, within one/same window), when I hold a paid subscription to an editor version? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's something confusing in your message romocop. You are running the "Classic" version of Acrobat Pro, which was released in 2015 as a normal product - pay for it once - features don't change - pay for an upgrade every few years. But you also say you have a subscription. Do you actually pay for an Acrobat DC subscription (please check your account details to tell us what the subscription name is)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Acrobat version is too old. New versions of Acrobat Reader and Adobe Acrobat have this option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you help please ?  I am not a computer wizard....just a 50-something person trying to get by - and I LOVE my tabs....that I now cannot find. Same as initial user, the option is not offerred in preferences.  My version is below,  can you advise please how do I get "open new document in new tab ? "

Adobe Acrobat X.  copyright 1984-2010

Version 10.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a nice simple one, Pilar. The tab thing was added long ago, around 2015, but your software is older than that - from about 2010. If you want to get up to date, and I'd recommend it, go to http://get.adobe.com/reader . Be warned, you will have to relearn Acrobat Reader, much is different, not just tabs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the prompt reply !  I especially appreciated the kind words "this is a nice simple one".....I tried the download, but see I need admin. approval (this is for work).  So I will proceed down that path.  Thank you again !  Pilar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right. All software installs and upgrades need admin approval - specifically so work can control everything on everyone's computer. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi same here I don't find the open documents as tabs in same window, I have checked updates and it's showing no updates available

Amina5F89_0-1617788291499.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does it say when you look under Help - About Adobe Acrobat Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or, indeed Help > About Adobe Acrobat. We need the version number you have, something like 2016.123.98765.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or, if you are on a Mac, it's in the Application menu: Acrobat (or Acrobat Reader) > About Acrobat (Reader).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same problem where I am not able to find the box "Open docuuments as new tabs in the same window". I use this version. 

Alexandre30241193ayj6_0-1685708174516.pngAlexandre30241193ayj6_1-1685708231758.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Argh! This thread appears to be some YEARS old yet it doesn't appear anyone has a solution yet. 

I also cannot find the mysterious setting option to have documents open in tabs. I want it back. 

I'm on 2023 verison of Acrobat so "watching for updates" has presumably not helped teh guy who had the problem in 2017... I wonder if he's still checking and waiting for it to fix itself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to be in there.  I'm searching for the same thing you are.  Open in separate tabs WAS an option in the "General" settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it.  Revert back to the old view for Acrobat.  Restart Acrobat.  Go to the General settings and you will see "Open documents as new tabs in the same window"; Uncheck it.

CWMcCall_0-1695219434543.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines