• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document...

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While using Adobe Reader (2021.001.20140 - just updated to make sure) I'm getting the "If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document." error when opening a particular file that was emailed to us directly, from a bank. 

When I go to open the document, I first get:

Edward5CC8_0-1614175461045.png

...Then I get the "If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document." error.

I tried to open with all popular browsers (Chrome, Chromium Edge, Firefox) and got the same error.

I can open the document using a competitor's software just fine.  I attempted to Save-As from there, and tried to open the new file in Adobe Reader, and I received the same error.

What can be done to allow me to open this file with Adobe Reader?  This is extremely frustrating.

Cheers

TOPICS
Comment markup and annotate , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone that may be looking for an answer to this, these are my two options so far:

1. Download the PDF from the resource (not an email attachment) to your desktop and open from within Acrobat (File > Open)
  2. Attempt to open with another PDF reader.
  3. Ask the creator of the document to send it again with different formatting.

For reference: PDF won’t display. Please wait … - Adobe Support Community - 4788543

Screen shot:

Edward5E64_0-1614880852114.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

**3 options.  No edit option...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines