• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images appearing as grey boxes in Adobe Acrobat DC - how can I fix this?

New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a number of pictures in an Adobe Acrobat DC file and the majority are showing up as grey boxes.

I have already gone into preferences and selected show large images. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bec,

Try once repairing the application and check if the application is updated to the latest version available.

Open the application and go to Help > Repair installation or Check for updates.

Could you please confirm if you are opening the PDF in Acrobat Acrobat Reader DC or the Adobe Acrobat DC?

You check the application name at the top left in the application window.

Share the exact version of the application installed on the machine. Take help of the steps mentioned here Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC to check that.

Is it an issue with a particular file or with others as well?

Is it possible to share the file with us, so we can check it on our end?

You can share the file using the steps mentioned here How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

Please let us know how exactly the PDF was created.

We will be waiting for your response.

If you need any help, let us know.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. All images on preexisting PDF forms show up as grey boxes in  the Acrobat DC Desktop app. Now I tried to open a scanned document and the entire page is greyed out. I open the same documents using Microsoft Edge and they are fine. If I try to add my signature to a document through the "Sign Yourself" option, my saved signature appears as a grey box as well. If I use Acrobat online I can see the document as well. I have tried uninstalling an reinstalling the app twice but the result is the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This same issue has been rampant with me and printing pdfs. Help please ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

grey boxes printing around pictures on grey colored backgrounds - help please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to Edit (or the Reader menu if you're on a Mac) - Preferences - Page Display and tick "Show large images".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines