• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images Not Showing after converting from Google Doc to PDF

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I prefer typing up equations and explanations on a word processor, in this case, it's Google Doc. There is an add-on that I use very often called Auto-LaTeX Equations that allows me to type equations using LaTeX code, and then using that extension to convert the typed-up equations into images of equations.

In the Google Doc linked below, you can see that all pages in that document contains the images of the equations that I typed along with a hyperlink to that image. Whereas in the attached PDF, only the first ten pages of the PDF file contains images of the equations, and the rest of the pages contain substantial blank spaces with only the hyperlink to the image if you click on the blank space. I need the images to show up in the PDF in order for my professor and the grader to grade my assignment fairly. I've scoured the web reading everything I could in a couple of forums (Google's and Adobe's) to try to fix this problem. Some solutions I've tried that gave me unsuccessful results are checking if my PDF "Shows large images," de-rendering equations and adjusting the Auto-LaTeX setting to make the images be "in-line" with the rest of the document and then re-rendering the equations, disabling my browser extensions and reconverting the Google Doc into a PDF, using a different browsers to convert the document into a PDF, and I've even tried using my phone. I don't know what else to do to fix this.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19Nxy-5qmmWJOuLzVQ51--0gkpGA4sXrGeGa08kZMLuI/edit?usp=sharing 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF and browsers , Share or review PDFs , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the conversion with Adobe Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried importing the Google Doc into Adobe Acrobat on my phone, and it was unsuccessful. If that isn't what you mean, the can you tell me how to do the conversation with Adobe Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean the conversion of the Word document with Adobe Acrobat on Windows or Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I've tried converting the word document with Acrobat on Windows, and that was unsuccessful, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So.. the Word document. Opened in Word, does it show the graphics?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the PDF is made by Google's software, only Google's forums will be useful to you. No amount of Adobe software will fix a PDF where some other app left out the pictures.

It might even be that this add on wasn't designed to work with PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines