• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installer with mcafee antivirus, what?

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install adobe acrobat reader. And this propaganda FORCED mcafee antivirus bs is being installed.

I am needing a PDF reader not a software to ruin my computer and change and take control over what i have already. What is this crap?

I am a subscriber to photoshop and pay DOLLARS, what the f is going on.

I even talked to support 1 hour, support do not even understand my question. give me a installer with NO anti-virus. So i am giving up and this subscription for photoshop is dying out too thanks to this

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installation of the antivirus is optional and disabled by default, if it is installed it is because you have checked the box which requests it.

Capture_119.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer

I had 2 choices when i do Acrobat reader, free or subscribe., I already subscrive to photohop. I choose free first, 289 MB or so and the full version like 1GB. But i get this anti virus not what i ordered or even try to pay for.

This is hijack software, and i had no option at all. Only option was to click install, with no options, and it starts installing unwanted software for me on me computer

If i wanted Macashiit i am sure i pais for it long time a go without using big brands and pay them to bundle it. Must be so popilar since they go to that steps,.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

I never did see those boxes, i will try to do this one more time and see if it is possible to remove the anti-virus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER FORUM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my case, it wasn’t disabled by default. It was enabled, and I really don’t like this deceptive design. This collocation perfectly describes so many modern websites, services, and software! It’s insane to think that it was someone’s job to find a place to put hidden buttons so people don’t unpin them and install tons of unnecessary stuff on their PCs.
That’s why you must be careful online these days. Fortunately, it’s not hard to learn about cybersecurity a little. You can just click site and do all the suggested actions there. It’s not that complicated to keep your computer safe from viruses and unwanted software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines