• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is my 64-Bit Acrobat Reader DC the free Reader version?

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

we currently have the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (32-bit) Version 2021.005.20060 installed at well over 500 PCs.

I noticed there is a 64-Bit Version for the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

DL https://ardownload2.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/AcrobatDC/2100720099/AcroRdrDCx642100720099_de_D...

But is this still the Free Reader Version? In die Customization Wizard i even have the option to set a serialnumber now.

The Free 32-Bit doesnt have as much Settings in the Customization Wizard, the installer MSI is named AcroRead.msi instead of AcroPro.msi (64-Bit) and the 64-Bit path doesnt contain the "Acrobat Reader" anymore.

64-Bit: "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe"

32-Bit: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exe"

So everything let it seems like i installed the Acrobat Standard or Acrobat Pro (the paid) versions and not the Free version.

But letting it install without any serialnumber in the Customization Wizard installs it without any prompt and now it seems to be a normal 64-Bit Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

defaultqtxsbc88mwzl_0-1636546226641.png

Is the changed path, the CustomizationWizard, etc. all normal changes for the free version?

Or did i just installed a unlicensed "trail" Version of the Acrobat Standard?

would be nice to have the differences between the paid and free version more clear.

TOPICS
Download and install , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The 64 bit version of Acrobat Reader DC uses the same path as Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines