• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any extra cost for view 3D document in this software?

New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We were interested in a software vendor selling a solution for managing 3D documents. It seems to embed Adobe PDF Reader in their application. They say this may require buying a license from Adobe. I wonder what I should buy.2022-05-12_10-14-15.png

TOPICS
View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The standard EULA only allows a person to download Reader for that person alone to use. A license is required if you distribute Reader or install it on behalf of any other person. No license is needed if the end user downloads Resder and installs it themselves. https://www.adobe.com/uk/acrobat/pdf-reader/volume-distribution.html

Do they definitely say it embeds Acrobat Reader? Or do they say it embeds Acrobat? Acrobat is not free software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They didn't mention whether they embeds Acrobat Reader. This is just my guess since the UI looks similar. They only said that this may require an additional license, but did not clearly state what license is required, so I had to come here to ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot doesn't shows Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the traditional Chinese version of Acrobat Reader

2022-05-12_23-32-34.png

It's very similar.

2022-05-12_10-14-15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines