• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues viewing parts of PDFs

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user using a Windows 10 PC opening a PDF using the program they are noticing some pages are missing things like text and colour.

The fonts are loading correctly as they will appear in other places of the PDF.

I have attempted a reinstall of the program and also tried to repair it with no luck.

The PDFs themselves are not corrupt as we can open them fine in Google Chrome and when I open them from my own copy of Acrobat Reader I can read it fine.

The attached PDF shows up blank for them.

TOPICS
View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Hi there

Thanks for sharing the information. As there is no issues in new user/admin profile. It seems to be some issue with the user profile. Please try to repair the affected user profile and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Freda,

Hope yo are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described some  text and color is missing in the PDF when viewed on the user machine and appears fine at your end.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat Reader DC the user is using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure the application is updated to latest version 21.05.20058 > Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer.

Also, please try to reset the Acrobat preferences to default as described in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...

You may also try to create a new test user profile in windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal

The softwares version is 21.05.20058.

Potentially could be due to the version as the user was not reporting issues until we forced this to be updated to this version due to security vunerability.

I cleared the preferences folder and the issue still remained.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. I have tried to open the attached PDF at my end using Acrobat DC version 21.05.20058 on Win 10 and its working fine.

Please ask the user to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal

No issues from the admin account.

I also tried this from another standard user account and this account has no issues either.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Thanks for sharing the information. As there is no issues in new user/admin profile. It seems to be some issue with the user profile. Please try to repair the affected user profile and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines