• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Javascript for checking the version date of a form compared to one on the intranet

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new but learning javascript and its use in Adobe Acrobat Forms. My version of Acrobat Pro is continuous release 2023. This is a hefty order but curious to see if it can be done.

I will create a button named "Check version date" with javascript action to pull a date from a hidden field on the form housing the version/revised date of the form.  i.e. this.getField" ("VersionDate") Then, it gets super tricky. I want further javascript language to:

• Go to a URL intranet link of the same form and check the date of that version.
  • Return an app.alert with validation, "This is the most current version of this form, please proceed" or "You are not using the current version of this form, please go to intranet and download the newest copy" 
  • Possibly add a reject notification after form submit if it is the wrong version

Overall goal is to have the check version button at the beginning of the form before users complete the form. Then, have the end user confirm they have the most recent version of the form compared to the form published on SharePoint intranet site. Users are constantly using shared or previously downloaded HR forms which creates larger issues. This way my forms will let them know a new version is available on our intranet. Providing instructions with a caution sign on the form to always get a new copy from the intranet is not being followed. 

Any help towards this tall order is greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?