Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Last Acrobat Reader DC freezes Computer

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am experiencing a weird problem in my organization.

After updating to version 21.007.20091, all my PCs with windows 10 and 7 freeze.

I noticed that one process named acrocef.exe eats up all memory and blocks the PCs.

If I rename the acrocef.exe executable so it's not launched, acrobat works fine.

Any clue?

Thanks

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reproting this and sorry for the trouble.

The team is aware of the issue and investigating it.

We will share an update with you once we get any information from the team and reach out if more information required.

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Meenakshi 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER FORUM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @A. Bagaglia 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

AcroCEF is responsible for multiple components and internal processing so we should not delete/rename AcroCEF/acrocef_1 folders, it will cause you loss of functiaonlities. As AcroCEF is taking care of multiple things, there could be differnet issues with different setup/environment. We have identified few of them and fixed.

We need your help in identifying issue at your setup which requires live debugging session with you.

Please write back directly to susoni@adobe.com with reference to this thread for quick turnaround.

-Regards

Acrobat Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @A. Bagaglia 

We have identified few issues, fixed them and released a patch.

I would appreciate if your team applies latest patch via "Check for updates" from "Help" menu in Reader(or Acrobat) and update us if it fixes your issue.

If your issue is not fixed, feel free to reach out to me directly at susoni@adobe.com for debugging session.

-Regards

Acrobat Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are experiencing the same issue when using Reader (21.007.20095) on 2019 Remote Desktop Server.  I have checked for the latest updates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines