• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking Excel to Acrobat Bookmark?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to link from Excel 365 to a *bookmark* in Acrobat. I can get it to link to the PDF and open it, beginning on page one. It will not link to a bookmark. But I have to work with PDF documents that are hundreds of pages long - so I have to link the user to a particular portion of the document using a bookmark.

Thanks

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF and browsers , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can link to a page or named destination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... for a web file only. People have long wanted to link to bookmarks, but it's never been possible on any context. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bern : How ? Explain, please. As it is said "People have long wanted to link to bookmarks" in pdf files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue is that bookmarks don't have to link to a page. They can do all kinds of things: Open a web-page, execute a script, play a multimedia clip, or multiple things, or nothing at all. Also, they don't have to be uniquely named. You can create 10 different bookmarks all called "Chapter" and all leading to different locations in the file (unlike Named Destinations, for example, which are uniquely named and only link to a specific location in the file). So using them for navigation in this manner can be tricky, although not impossible, if you accept the issues involved with them. See my other post here about the tool I've developed that does that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not entirely true. I've developed a (paid-for) that allows you to create a link to a URL that contains a bookmark name as a parameter, and it will open that bookmark when the file is loaded, IF it's done using an Adobe application, and the target file contains the code I've created. It can be found here: https://try67.blogspot.com/2011/06/acrobat-link-to-specific-bookmark-in.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines