• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Logs me out automatically

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Apple (I don't know that it makes a difference in this case though), and all of a sudden Adobe Reader DC started making me log in to view anything and now it keeps logging me out automatically every day.  This is very obnoxious.  I am not even trying to view a PDF file and yet it makes me log in.  I need it for school or I'd just delete the whole program.  Is there a way to fix this? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello NDWSquared,

I am sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader, Is it possible to post a screenshot of the Window/screen you get which asks you to sign-in? To post a screenshot, please refer to https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot 

please sign out from Adobe Reader once and reboot the machine, then launch the application, sign in and check for any pending updates of Adobe Reader from help menu>check for updates, reboot the machine again after installing the updates. Restart the application and sign-in with your current Adobe ID and password.

If you still experience any issue, reset the Adobe Reader's preferences and reboot, to reset the preferences, How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

Are you on a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version?

Is it a personal machine or an office machine?

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 4.44.01 PM.png

I am on a Mac, Version 10.14.2, it is my personal laptop.

I will reset the reader preferences.  The rest I have done and still have the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello NDWSquared,

I am sorry for the trouble and delayed response, are you still experienceing the sign-out issue or is it fixed?

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine too and its never done that in the past. I have done everything and called is several times. It works for awhile and back to the same trash.So frustrating. And its very complicated to get it to come us so I can at my password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sharons,

I am sorry for the trouble you had, would you mind checking and sharing the version of Adobe Reader application installed? To identify the version, please take help from the article Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Are you on a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version?

Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed, check for any pending updates of Adobe Reader from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after updating Adobe Reader.

For testing purpose, if possible sign-in with your Adobe ID and password in Adobe Reader, and leave the system idle for more than 24 hours and check if it is still signing you out.

Is it a personal computer or an office computer? Is any security software is installed?

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abobe Acobat DC

It should be the current application. I am a monthly subscriber. I have done the updates, repairs and they have logged into my computer numerous times form Abobe and say they fixed it. Which it does for a day.

Then right back to logging me out everyday.

Sharon K Smith

[Personal info removed by Mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Monthly subscriber and signs me out every time I close the application. 

it seems if I restart Windows , randomly it may get fixed. But things go wrong with the next Windows restart. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone been able to resolve this incredibly annoying problem? Can an Adobe personal please provide a solution? I am now the fourth person on this thread with the same problem.

Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem. Except when it logs me out, it's every .5 seconds. 

I can't do anything at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So frustrating, why do we have to login each time just to view a pdf! Its like torture when you use PDFs every week for work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's June 2023 and STILL this problem has not been fixed. I wonder why Adobe hates their paying customers so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines