• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MacAffee forced on me and now I can't get it off my computer!!!

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I came here to download and install the Acrobat Reader.  The install program loaded MacAffee onto my machine without asking and now it's not listed in my apps and I can't remove it.  Really Adobe???  I have to go and totally reset Windows now just to get your crap off of my machine???  SHAME ON YOU!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not listed in your apps? Where are you looking? Yes, it is reprehensible, but nobody has reported before that these unwanted gifts (for people who do not carefully switch off the free software option) can't be uninstalled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found it but I had to use Control Panel to find it.  It didn't show in my apps list with the regular Windows 10 GUI. As for switching it off, I always look for those check boxes on Freeware.  There wasn't one there.  The only thing I might have been able to do is end the installation task in Task Manager when I saw it was installing the two McAfee products too.  Anyway, I've always had some level of respect for Adobe products.  Years ago it was a great deal of respect but it's fallen sharply in the past few years to, now, being non-existent. If I could live without Flash, I would.  Unfortunately, it comes packaged in Chrome.  Other than that, I'm done.  I'll find what I need somewhere else now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Control panel is the normal and usually only way to uninstall apps.  A very few apps install an uninstall app but that’s rare. Please bear in mind that Flash and Acrobat Reader are two different things 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I switched off the optional offers before I downloaded and macaffee was installed anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines