• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

making stick note icon larger

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some pdf's i open the sticky note is small small and some pdf allow the sticky note to be larger

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

It is possible to change the size of the sticky notes icons on the page, but it requires using a script.

You can run this code from the JS Console to double the size of all the icons in your file. To do so copy the code, then go to Acrobat, press Ctrl+J to open the Console window, paste the code into it, select it all with the mouse and press Ctrl+Enter to run it. You can run it again to make it double the size once more, etc.

Unfortunately, this does not affect any sticky notes you add after ru

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Geraldc,

I believe you are looking for the option to change the opacity of the sticky notes so that when you open the document it would populate in a larger size than its opening currently?

You can make the changes in the pop-up size as well as the sticky notes font size by changing the commenting's preferences settings.

• Open the document you have the annotation (notes)
  • Select "Comment" from the tools menu and select icon shown below

• Select "Commenting Preferences" Or you can select Edit (upper left corner)>Preferences>Commenting
  • Change the Pop-up Opacity or Font size (if you want to increase that too)

Use annotation and drawing markup tools to add comments in PDFs, Adobe Acrobat and Acrobat Reader

Hope this is what you were referring to.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not answer the question. Your answer talks about how to adjust the opacity of the highlighting, not the size of the sticky note. Who labeled this "Correct answer" ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This answer is not addressing the issue at all. The labe 'Correct Answer' is inadequate in my view.

The problem is that Adobe Acrobat DC (e.g. 19.21.20061.361316) shows in any freshly opened PDF document only tiny little dots not visible unless you know it is there. This basically hides the comments I have added to a document. I already had colleagues who thought I had not commented a PDF at all, while it was full of comments. The icon shown while the comment is closed needs to be bigger and more conspicuous. This is the issue, not the font size or other preferences in terms of the comment once that comment pop-up window is open. What Adobe should do at least is offer a preference setting where the size of the icon can be made bigger. And then I believe they should make that icon bigger by default. With Acrobat Reader DC they gone from one extreme to the other. Requiring everyone to cumbersomely switch first to the Tools and there to the Comments Tools before one may notice that a PDF contains some comments is just silly in these times where everyone has to work under high time pressure. With this (and not only this) Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Adobe has certainly made no progress. Unfortunately older version, which were much better, crash these days.  Thus I am stuck with this bad program (or switch to an alternative).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible to change the size of the sticky notes icons on the page, but it requires using a script.

You can run this code from the JS Console to double the size of all the icons in your file. To do so copy the code, then go to Acrobat, press Ctrl+J to open the Console window, paste the code into it, select it all with the mouse and press Ctrl+Enter to run it. You can run it again to make it double the size once more, etc.

Unfortunately, this does not affect any sticky notes you add after running the script, but it is possible to assign a menu item to the code that will run it with a single click.

Here's the code:

this.syncAnnotScan();
var annots = this.getAnnots();
if (annots!=null) {
	for (var i in annots) {
		var annot = annots[i];
		if (annot.type=="Text") {
			var r = annot.rect;
			var width = r[2]-r[0];
			var height = r[3]-r[1];
			r[2]+=width;
			r[1]-=height;
			annot.rect = r;
		}
	}
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi try67, this warks perfectly to make them larger. Any chance you can help me out here with the code to make them smaller, if it's even possible? I tried changing the numbers in some commands with little success, other than making them strangely shape. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing these two lines:

r[2]+=width;
r[1]-=height;

To:

r[2]-=width/2;
r[1]+=height/2;

(I didn't test it, so if it doesn't work I'll send better code tomorrow...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is precisey the size I needed AND you've taught me enough of the code to chenge it if it was needed. Couldn't be more grateful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Expert try 67

relating to your solution of YevD's question I have a related quesiton. How to change the icon size of the small sticky note icon instead of the big normal sticky note icon. For example, when I meet a new word, I can highlight it and put a normal big sticky note icon e at the beginning or at the end of the line where that new word occurs. Or I can hightlight it and right click the highlight and the put a small sticky note (icon) just above the left corner of that word. But sometimes this small stick note icon is still too big and it can cover a word from the previous line, that's very inconvenient. Do you know if there is a mothed to resize this small sticky note icon?

Thanks a a lot for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've answered that before... See above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you have answered YevD's question. But my question is related and different. His question is to how reize the normal sticky note icon (the rectangular note icon) size, my question is how to resize the small stick note icon (a much smaller rectangle with a tip at the left bottom corner) size if you put this stick note icon on the left top corner of a highlight. Here is a photo, hope you can see the difference.  For exmaple, the small stick note icon of the highlighted word 'menarche' has covered the uppline line word 'body', sometimes this is very annoying. Could we rezie this icon size to make it smaller? Or even better change it to a small point to indicate that there is a note if the used hover over the highlighted word.Screenshot 2024-01-10 at 15.59.35.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, I see. No, you can't change that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you right click on the comment icon and click "Properties", you can change the icon. I couldn't find any way to make it bigger (or smaller, which is what I was looking for because in some cases it ends up blocking the actual text of the document) but maybe choosing a different icon would help make it more (or less) visible. You can also change the color and opacity of the icon. If you make changes to one comment, you can right click it again and select "Make Current Properties Default" so that new comments show up like that as well. 

I know it's not the best option, but you could also try highlighting where you are placing a comment to make it more visible if nothing else works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it's so easy that's why it's hard 😃 Preferences -> Page Display -> Resolution -> Custom Resolution "110"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines