Missing Fonts - Unable to Install

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All. This issue is on a Windows 10 computer. I have a new issue that just started.  When trying to open some pdf files in Acrobat Reader DC I get an error message about missing fonts.

1st Error Message.JPG

After clicking OK it takes me to the following

2nd Message.JPG

After Clicking on Proceed to Download I am taken to the following 

3rd Message.JPG

After clicking on Download Now, nothing happens. No file is downloaded. At the bottom of the window I see that the pointer is pointing to an address that has a .msi file.

There is mention that Acrobat Reader DC must be installed. It is. I also did an uninstall and reinstall thinking that might be all that is needed to get the fonts package, but that didn't help. Error messages were the same before and after reinstalling the reader.

There is mention of "a standalone installer" being required, but I am unable to find one. I'm not really sure if the .msi file that will not download is the "standalonbe installer" being mentioned or whether it is, in fact, a separate installer application.

Note: this error doesn't appear on all pdf files, just some. These files that cannot be read by Adobe Acorbat DC are readable by other pdf viewers, so I don't think the issue is a corrupted pdf file. Because some pdfs open just fine I have to assume the only issue I have is the missing fonts package.

Any help resolving this issue will be appreciated.

John

TOPICS
Download and install , General troubleshooting , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?