• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MS Office all prints fine, but Acrobat 'Offline' .. why?

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello my Brother 2270DW prints perfectly from MS Office but keeps reverting to "offline' when printing same PDF from Acrobat, which I use to prepare 'booklets' (MS Word cannot do that).

I am using a 2021 MacBook M1 on Mac OS 12.0.1, and Acrobat Reader v 2021.007

It was all working fine a few weeks ago, I am wondering whether recent Mac OS updates have in some way conflicted with Acrobat. 

Has anyone else experienced similar? 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Alex5FEE 

We are sorry for the inconvinience caused. To give a closure look into this issue, please help us with few more details:

1. Exact built/version (32 or 64 bit) of your Adobe Reader?

2. Are you facing issue in printing all the files/pictures or just one file/picture?

Please try  printing the PDF as Image and see if this brings any difference Print PDF as image | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

Reset the Adobe Reader's preferences once and reboot the machine, to reset the Preferences, refer to the steps from the article How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

Navigate to Edit>Preferences>Security(Enhanced)>Disable Enable protected mode at startup>Click OK. Close Adobe Reader and try printing the PDF again.

Make sure that you have the latest version of Printer driver/firmware installed.

You may also refer to Adobe article Troubleshoot PDF printing in Acrobat and Reader

If the issue still persists, please create a test user profile with full admin rights and try printing.

Let us know how it works at your end. If you have any further queries please feel free to reach out to us.

Regards

Ria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ria

thanks, taking your points one by one:-

1. Acrobat Reader v 2021.007.20099
  2. As I explained before, MS Word prints fine, Acrobat displays 'OFFLINE' when I select PRINT, for all files that I tried which were created in MS Word and converted to PDF - that process worked fine up until recently
  3. I tried printing as IMAGE, same result "OFFLINE", doesn't get any further than that
  4. Preferences appears under acrobat reader on the Mac platform, when I select SECURITY (ENHANCED) i do not see the option you describe as 'Enable protected mode at startup', but I do see an option 'enable enhanced security'  ... can you confirm the appropriate selection you are recomending for  Acrobat Reader v 2021.007.20099 for the Mac platform please? 
  5. I have the latest Brother printer driver

Thanks and regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You invited me to 'reach out' to you, and i have answered your recomendations as far as I can ... so do you have a 'next step' or are we now concluding Acrobat has issues with the latest Mac /OS platform? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Alex5FEE 

Thankyou for update, we are working on your issue and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards

Ria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines