• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help, Adobe Acrobat DC (edit and convert Text)

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, adobe technical support,

I hope you are doing well at the moment.

I have some problems using Adobe Acrobat DC on my computer on the following points:

• Edit text in Arabic PDF (it displays the letter separately),
  • there is only one font (format: adobe Arabic) missing fonts,
  • converting a PDf (text in Arabic) to any other format (word, excel ...) does not work as it should display separate letters like (world = w O r L D  and letters without any meaning) *.

I did some very simple file tests, trying to see if I can change just one word in Arabic (adobe shows me the separate letters).

for example : ﻢﻗﺮاﻟ for الرقم  ( )

* as you noticed the initial word in arabic (الرقم  ) transformed to the word (ﻢﻗﺮاﻟ ) after using the edit text function, so adobe does not recognize the language or the arabic font.

the version I used  : Adobe Acrobat DC (21.004.20099).

The optical recognition (OCR) does not display the choice of the Arabic language (it displays the other languages) !! is there an Adobe Acrobat DC interface in Arabic ? or I must add modules of the Arabic language?

I will be grateful if you help me. i like to use adobe but i also need it to give me the possibility to use the arabic language

Kind regards,

M.Mehdi

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Editing the static contents of PDF files is never recommended and should be avoided as much as possible, especially if it needs to be done in languages that requires special fonts or irregular encodings (such as RTL languages). You really should locate the original file used to create the PDF, make the changes there, and then create a new PDF file.

And no, Acrobat does not support OCR in Arabic. There used to be a localized version with an Arabic interface, but I don't know if that still exists, and at any rate it's not related to the OCR capabilities of the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
Thank you for the feedback.
Hope you add arabic language support (OCR & interface) soon.
Kind regards,
M.Mehdi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

مرحبا مهدي

Although Adobe Acrobat do support Arabic Language in some ares, it however doesn't provide it at all in other areas.

As you noticed, backward conversion [ PDF – .doc/.xls ] fails completly if the content is Arabic, editing Arabic content may work or fail depends on the way the PDF was created in first place and which application created it.

For backward conversion I can recommend a workaround for you. If you're on Windows machine using Microsoft Office, you may simply open the PDF straight in MS. Word and let Word convert the PDF with the Arabic content. We found this way can give you a high success rate of conversion - until Adobe fix the issue.

Kindly vote on these topics relevant to Arabic support in Acrobat DC Pro…

Arabic OCR

Arabic Fill & Sign

Arabic Export to MS Word

Arabic editing in a PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines