• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newbie, patience appreciated. Free desktop reader changed to online. What's my best option?

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used the free Acrobat Reader on Desktop for years.  During Laptop Restart my Reader became Chrome Based.  I'd missed any notifications that free desktop was going away.  I'm still using Windows 10 until I get some important things done but will eventually go to Windows 11.  I don't have Microsoft Office or the other MS products. Everything I have is in PDF.  Everything I download from other accounts, e.g. statements,  will only download & save as PDF. I used to be able to attach PDFs to send to Doctors sites, or attach to emails etc.  The new DC version can't be attached.  I don't send or share anything through the Adobe network, those receiving my PDFs aren't in that network and it's just too hard...   I've never had the "edit" features or anything else is PDF.  Just need a desktop option.  Will I have to purchase something to get it back to my desktop? What's the minimum I can do?  How is it billed?  Do I have to pay every year or can I get 1 time purchase to continue using?  And how do I do that?  I know these questions sound stupid to everyone here who seem to have been using expensive, multi-function products forever.  I had Photoshop & Illustrator at a former job but that was all my employers, so I had nothing to do with any of these issues.  Here I couldn't even decide which forum to post in so went here.  I'd appreciate your guidance.  Please speak slowly, use small words, explain clearly & pretend I'm 3 years old.  I think I was faster when I was 3, HA!.  Thank you very much!!, and now I'm not even sure where to look for a response. *sigh*

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like Chrome has become your PDF viewer.

Change it to download PDFs instead. They can then be read in Acrobat Reader.

https://www.civicengagecentral.civicplus.help/hc/en-us/articles/360008064353-Change-the-Default-PDF-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have come to the wrong conclusion. Chrome took over double clicks, but Acrobat Reader is still there. Just don't double click to open. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines