• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opaque blue boxes covering text

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get rid of the opaque blue boxes that are covering text in Acrobat Pro on mac? I've attatched an image to show the bizarre boxes in the middle of the page—that is what I need to get rid of. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 2.05.11 AM.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Mac , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's certainly odd, and I don't recall any similar reports. My first thought is that maybe it's actually, somehow, part of that specific PDF file. You could check this by opening the PDF in Apple Preview instead.  If it looks fine in Preview, then we do indeed need to look for a cause inside Acrobat. I wonder if Acrobat shows these as comments?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 2.25.25 PM.png

Thank you very much for your suggestion. It seems that they're also in preview, but white instead of blue. I guess this suggests that this is an issue with the PDF. The weird thing is, I've had this issue with a good number of PDFs. Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They look like form fields. What happens when click them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for helping. I can begin typing when I click on them. So maybe they are form fields(?) If so, what can I do about them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that means they are text fields. There's nothing you can do about it in the free Reader.

If you have Acrobat then you can remove them, via Tools - Prepare Form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I have pro, but I can't seem to find "prepare form" under View > Tools. Am I just missing it somehow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you're looking in the wrong place. It's under the Tools panel on the right, not under the View menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Eleazer!

The Prepare Form feature is provided under the Tools tab in Acrobat or in the Tools pane at right. Check the screenshot below:

Prepare form.PNG

To Prepare a form in Acrobat or make any changes to the form, please refer to the steps as suggested in the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/creating-distributing-pdf-forms.html

Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines