Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open two tabs of same file

Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! I just want to know how I can have two of the same files open in tabs next to each other. (duplicate file). I tried searching the help pages and forum but could not find anything! I am in the process of completing an online course. Thanks!

[title edited by moderator for brevity]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Yes, but not directly! First tile them, then drag the tab of one and put it next to the other. The mouse will have a blue drop zone line.

I am in Reader DC. I don't know if it works in earlier versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't say what program, and when you do, we will move this to the appropriate forum.

In most applications, you can do this from the Window menu.

Here is a screenshot, for example, from Window > Arrange from the Adobe InDesign menus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I am sorry, Acrobat Reader.  I just tried the instructions you have given and I was able to open the file in another window. This happens to serve my needs. Thank you very much. However it would be good to know if its possible to have both files on the same page (window)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I moved this to the Acrobat Reader forum. The Lounge is for non-technical discussions.

I am not sure what you mean by both files on the same page, though?

Do you have two windows of the same document or two different documents?

If you mean side-by-side, then Tile them Vertically. If you mean something else, then please clarify!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is one single file which I want to be opened on the same screen in separate tabs. Just like you can in a web browser like Google or internet explorer by simply right clicking on the tab and duplicating it on the next tab. Thats all I want to be able to do....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but not directly! First tile them, then drag the tab of one and put it next to the other. The mouse will have a blue drop zone line.

I am in Reader DC. I don't know if it works in earlier versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2024 Oct 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This solution doesn't work for me (I'm on windows 10). When I click tile, nothing happens if I only have one tab opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines