• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening a PDF now requires Microsoft sign-in

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly when I try to use Acrobat reader (on my desktop Mac), a pop-up window requires me to sign into an old Microsoft account which is no longer active.  When I try to sign in with my current Microsoft account, I get an error message and I can't go any further.  However, I can't close out the error message.  I have to Force Quit Acrobat.  So now I can't open PDFs.  Why do I now need a Microsoft sign-in?  And how can I get it to recognize my current account?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out.

As you have mentioned above, opening PDF in Reader application asks for Microsoft sign in. Would you mind sharing the screenshot of the sign in screen with us?

Did you make any recent changes on the machine?

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No recent changes on my machine.  Here are 1) the initial sign-in message that pops up when I try to open a PDF, with sign-in to an email account that is no longer active, 2) the attempted sign-in with my active gmail account, and 3) the error message I then get.  I'm not given an option to fill in the password for my active account, and I can't close the open windows.  The only way I can get out is to Force Quit Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have received no response to the additional information I sent.  My problem has not been solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I am having this identical problem and from this thread it does not look like it was solved? Any solutions??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines