• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Orden ejecutiva Executive Order 13884

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola a todos, espero alguien pueda orientarme con esta situacion, trabajo en una epresa transnacional aqui en Venezuela, estamos enlazados por una VPN con brasil, estas medidas que ha tomado "ADOBE", debido a la ordenanza de EEUU puede afectarnos a nosotros, vale destacar que en esta empresa solo usamos el software gratuito de Adobe acrobal reader solo para leer documentos PDF.

esa es mi duda , si aun estando conectados con Brasil por VPN , puede esas medidas afectarnos al momentos de visualizar archivos en PDF ?

GRACIAS DE ANTEMANO POR SUS COMENTARIOS...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

If you read the post that I linked above you will see the answer to that question.

You must however confirm if the country of Brazil is non-compliant and if this executive order is also imposed on them . As per the Adobe statement in the link above , users have until the 28th of October to download all of their shared content from cloud storage services and accounts.

I am not an Adobe employee, I am a customer and user who volunteer to share technical guidance so that is as far as I can go to an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To view PDF files with Acrobat Reader you don't need a internet connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand, but for updates to this software, can you continue downloading automatically with our VPN connection? If this software is not updated, can it be vulnareble for any virus?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything that connects to the Internet is vulnerable to viruses and more. The best practice when downloading files from emails or website is to save it locally to a separate medium, like a USB device and without opening the file , perform a virus scan with a well-known reputable anti-virus /malware removal tool. This method still does not guarantees 100 percent safety but is better than just clicking and opening files without checking them first . And yes, updating software and keeping it updated is the best practice that any user can follow to avoid possible vulnerabilities that were not properly addressed or fixed in earlier versions of the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just remember, a VPN ddoes not protects your files from infections, the anti-virus does that work and your common sense before you click on links of any kind without confirming the trustworthiness of the source

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I do not explain well. I want to know if these measures applied in Venezuela by ADOBE, will affect the use of this software to view pdf documents with the free Acrobat Reader application? with the variable that our network is from Brazil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to update the software on a regular basis, it increases security and protects you from unwanted people who are usually focused on stealing bitcoin wallets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you can use this forum then you can also download updates for Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we confusing licensing, paid subscriptions with privacy versus piracy and copyrighted content?

The question you are posting seems to be aimed more at bypassing Venezuela's cancellation of all user accounts to comply with President Donal Trump executive order as describe here: https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/10/adobe-cancels-all-user-accounts-in-venezuela-to-comply-...

"Adobe is giving users in Venezuela until October 28 to download any content they have stored in their Adobe accounts. Files can be downloaded from Creative Cloud, Lightroom, Document Cloud, and Adobe Spark.

As previously mentioned, Adobe's action will cut off access to users with either paid subscriptions or free accounts. "Adobe will no longer provide access to software and services, including free ones, or enable you to make any new purchases," the company said.

Adobe said it might take the same action in other countries. To comply, Adobe said it is "ceasing all activity with entities and individuals in Venezuela as well as those who otherwise meet the criteria of Executive Order 13884 or other US sanctions regulations."

Before you seek an answer here in this forum you should get acquainted with the laws of your current jurisdiction vs Venezuela jurisdiction... see what they have to say about what is going on with this executive order.

Call your Internet service provider and your VPN provider and ask them the same question so they can give you the best answers in this area as well. This is not an issue that just pertains to Adobe.

I just don't see the relationship of your question with the necessary common sense during a political conflict like this one.

Unless you are some sort of whistle blower or an investigative reporter that does not know how to use the Tor Network, this question does not make sense at all.

The most important question here is, if Brazil is also non-compliant and will get affected by such Executive order.

If on the other hand, you are a busines owner who represents a company in Brazil that used to conduct business with other matrixes of your parent company in Venezuela, and therefore, is worried about your employees computer habits as they try to use the company's VPN to bypass the Venezuelan governement restrictions to try to remain anonymous is also senseless.

Just know that, unless you are a BitCoin anonymous-guru phreak , when you pay for a VPN service with a credit card you information is also shared accross the globe with other governments and VPN companies; these VPN providers log everything we do anyway.

So again, your question is a little confusing in the first place. See here about the 5 eyes, 9 eyes, 14 eyes explained https://restoreprivacy.com/5-eyes-9-eyes-14-eyes/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm just a person in charge of the systems part of a company in Venezuela and my knowledge is not very advanced. That is why perhaps my question is not very well formulated. This is a company that is a transnational we are connected to Brazil by VPN. Here we only use Adobe reader for reading documents. my concern is: If these measures affect our users that they can continue to view their PDF files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you read the post that I linked above you will see the answer to that question.

You must however confirm if the country of Brazil is non-compliant and if this executive order is also imposed on them . As per the Adobe statement in the link above , users have until the 28th of October to download all of their shared content from cloud storage services and accounts.

I am not an Adobe employee, I am a customer and user who volunteer to share technical guidance so that is as far as I can go to answer your question. 

I am sorry to read that your country is going through these tough times, it really affects me. But in the same token I  would appreciate that you use caution and  common sense in this delicate matter and not go around in  these forums in search for an answer that could be used to advocate or instigate more political instability in your place of buisness. 

The answer that  you are seeking in regards to this particular (and non-technical matter) should be addressed by an Adobe official or a public relations Adobe staff member.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much dear for your time and knowledge on the subject, I appreciate your recommendations. I will verify the information in the links. regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines