• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Our IT department is going to remove Acrobat because of security concerns

Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use Adobe TCS and have been informed that our IT department is going to remove Acrobat from all computers because of security concerns. The story in the link below discusses the concerns. Is Adobe doing anything about this? Sounds like they took a shortcut and created a vulnerability. Will FrameMaker still produce the same quality PDFs if Acrobat is gone? They want us to move to Nitro, which in my experience is a lessor product. Has anyone else run into this?

adobe-acrobat-reader-shuns-security-products-due-compatibility-issues 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing at my company. Acrobat is scheduled to be removed from 6k desktops this week. Why is Adobe silent on the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER FORUM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note that the IT department is removing Acrobat Pro and Reader, not just Reader. It would be nice to hear something from Adobe about whether they are going to address the security issue. And if so, when?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe don't read the forum. Even if you see a reply from Adobe staff, it isn't a support case.

Suggest you post urgently in https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html and post a link for others to vote yes. I do mean voting is important. Replies mentioning the number of desktops might also motivate - in the wish forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I will try that. I tried asking on Chat, but that was a waste of time. Then Adobe had a supervisor call me, but that too was a waste of time. Apparently, they were unaware of the problem and unable to click the link to the article that described it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please unsubscribe me to your service I have lost my vision and been
battling many surgeries this past 14 months and I cannot read your emails
so please do not email me any longer and cancel my subscription thank you
for your prompt attention

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's up to you, no one else can do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines