Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF does not show in Internet Explorer 11 without refresh

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We originally had Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2018.009.20044 installed on our Windows 10 machines.  We recently updated to 21.1.20140.30039(21.001.20140) last week.

We have an internal site and we use IE11 mode in Edge for this. This site has functionality in which a PDF opens in a separate browser window. This worked fine before the update, but since the update, a blank grey area shows up instead of the PDF. If we refresh(F5), then it shows up fine.

I have tried to test the version in which this broke and it appears to be somewhere between 19.010.20064 to 19.012.20040 as it works OK in 19.010.20064 but not in 19.012.20040. I have seen other posts with the same issue but they didn't have a resolution. 

jane-e_0-1619882698701.jpeg

TOPICS
PDF and browsers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader without using Micosoft Edge?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

That would require the user to download the PDF and then open it. The functionality I mentioned in the post is a part of our CRM web app and needs agents to open the PDF in the browser itself. 

Sorry for the late reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines