• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pdf extension saving

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like I'm loosing my mind! I've been doing the same thing over and over and over and over for years and years and years....

When I create a document and name it: Invoice #21023 Waiver 2.11.21

I have ALWAYS just hit return and it would add .pdf to the end of it, AUTOMATICALLY.

Now all of the sudden...it's saving as a .21 document, which is obviously nothing... 

Is this a setting or a change to the software?

Ugh, I've done it for so long, I can't seem to remember to stop doing that and add .pdf to the end of all my documents. Remember, I've got a digital filing system that's been consisten for years - if I start putting the date somewhere else, it's going to make things very difficult for me to manage between clients.

TOPICS
PDF and browsers , Share or review PDFs , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What app does you use? Acrobat Reader can't create PDF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not very knowledgeable about all that.... I must be generating them via different software programs? Oh, it even happened this morning when I printed an excel spreadsheet to file. I chose my pdf printer and it happened again. My "tech" guy told me not to end my file names with dates - 🙄 I just don't understand how I've always done that and now that's what's happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kate,

to understand the whole scenario, it would be really helpful if you could share the screen recording/video of your complete workflow.

That way we will be able to see how  you are creating PDFs and what the file name was supposed to be.

You can upload the video to your document cloud account and share the link here. Or, attach here, using the "Insert video" option available. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines