• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader crashing after 10 sec of opening file

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PFD file shuts down automatically after 10 sec, had this issue a while back and was given a patch file fix but now it's doing it again.  How can I get a new patch?  And this is ridiculous, why does this keep happening!  Huge inconvenience to work day.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you need to reset your preferences?

Try: How to reset Preference settings in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That thread is from 2016 and at end adobe says doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved this issue for me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_BUnIIJwwI

Why does my Acrobat Reader keeps crashing? ❤️ Powered By: https://www.outsource2bd.com 🌐 Hire us For SEO + Digital Marketing ➜ https://cutt.ly/70Gmoko If your Adobe Reader is crashing, download the latest version of the software from the official page and disable protected view at start-up. Do you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the looks of it, they weren't referring to the marked answer. They were referring to one of the many other suggestions above (and although the person that says it doesn't work mentions Adobe, he isn't marked as a staff member so take that however you want I guess). Other identified staff member have sent people with this issue there much more recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved the preferences folder to a new location didn't resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would request you to kindly share the Crash dumps when Reader Crashes for you.

Here is how you can collect the crash dump :

When Reader Crashes (If you get this error message "Adobe Reader has stopped working") , Can you please share with us the Crash Logs .

For Getting the Crash Logs:

1.       When Acrobat Reader Crashes , Open Windows Task Manager
  2.       -> Got To Processes, There you can see a process "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC" / AcroRd32.exe
  3.       Right Click on this process and click "Create Dump File"
  4.       Dump file will be created in the Temp folder of user (as specified on the dialog you get after creating dump files).
  5.       Save this DMP file on any Cloud Storage and Share the link for that with us on mail at ajain@adobe.com

We will try to analyze your issue on priority once you share this information with us.

Thanks,

Ayush Jain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem with you from yesterday.

No error message when the document is shutting down.

Only 10sec is allowed to see files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeockl,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader, please reboot the machine once and navigate to Adobe Reader's preferences from Edit>Preferences>Security(Enhanced)>and try disabling 'Enable Protected Mode at startup'>Click OK and restart the application and check.

Note: disabling the Protected Mode is only for testing purpose, please enable it back.

Are you on Windows machine or Mac and what it the version installed?

What is the version of Adobe Reader installed, to identify, refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

If security software is installed, for testing purpose, please disable it, reboot the machine and check.

If you have any third party plug-ins for Adobe Reader installed, please disable it, reboot the machine and check.

Also, collect the log files from the above-shared method by Ayush Jain of the machine on which Adobe Reader is crashing and share it by direct/private message. Use Adobe Send feature to upload the log files and share the link in direct/private message.  How Do I Send Private Message

For testing purpose,

Create a test user profile with full admin rights, install Adobe Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution and check the functionality.

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

[Edited Response]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am facing same problem. I am using Adobe 10, for my windows 10 PC.

Due to my current project, i have to use Adobe 10 only. 

After 10 seconds of opening a pdf file, the adobe shots down without any error message.

Please tell me how to fix this. its very urgent

Thanks in advance

Ishani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same problem. If I start Adobe from the Start button on Windows 10, I can get Adobe Acrobat XI Pro to stay up for about 15 seconds. It then shuts down without a window error message or anything. If I try to open an actual Adobe file, I get the exact same issue.

I've tried re-starting as well as shut all other programs.

I believe the problem started on Friday. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a mac. how do I solve that? I have no idea where my software (CD) is anymore. Nor do I have a CD compatible laptop anymore.

I tried doing the path of of Edit-preferences-security..... but it was already with the check.

What else can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  I even paid for Adobe again even though I already had an account and it is still not working.  This is making life extreemely difficult.  Please help.  I can open my files then about 10 seconds later the Adobe Sign In pops up and I sign in like it asks me then it takes me back to my adobe document then about 10 seconds later my document closes.

I pay for the Adobe software so I am not sure why this keeps happening.  It has been an ongoing issue.  PLEASE HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any solutions for this yet I have several users here at my company having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multiple people in our organization are facing this issue to.  Stays open for sometime and then shuts down.

Have tried removing the Enable protect mode.  That does not seem to work.  This started randomly about a week ago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing this issue too. When I open a PDF file, it closes automatically after around ten seconds. No solution for this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My installation is working now.  AdobeSupport offered no help to resolve.   I had issues with an Epson scanner.....they sent me a software tool to clean the registry of all things Epson......and I think it may have cleaned registry of Adobe stuff too....as I had already done the followoing :

First I uninstalled Adobe  ....everything Adobe

Then I went to my c-disk program files etc and DELETED everything Adobe

Then I did a Widows search for   %temp%   and deleted that entire file

Then I ran the epson cleaner....I think maybe you could use CCleaner registry cleaner option

Then I re-booted my computer

Then I downloaded and re-installed Adobe Reader for my operating system..... and now it stays open.

I wish you luck!   Let me know if this works for you !!    ~jc

I had previously tried deleteing - re-installing Adobe Reader DC, tried to install older version of reader,  turned off Protected Mode, turned off firewall, turned off virus software, searching and signing the EULA file, clicking on 'help' during the 10 seconds, clicking on 'repair installation' during the 10 seconds, clicking on 'Check for updates' .....NONE of these things worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to thank you as this procedure solved my problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version? (Not "latest" please)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC

Get Outlook for iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specific version please? There are about 100 different "Acrobat DC" versions. Please use Help > About to get the actual version number, something like 2016.987.23344. I realise you'll have to be pretty quick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe Acrobat Reader DC version 20.012.20048     is closing too....after about 10 sec it just goes away...I tried the 'Help'   'Check for updates'      but that didn't work.....

neither did going to the EULA and 'accept' -ing ...   What else can I try ?     THANX !  jc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yah....  I am on a Windows 10 machine.   I also tried turning off all of the enhanced security check boxes ....to no avail......     grrrr.....     Thanx .... jc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also UN-installed Adobe Reader DC , then went to program files AND program data and deleted the Adobe file folders.....    then re-installed and tried the above things (EULA, Enhanced security turn off, 'Check for updates' ).....nothing worked..... it still closes after about 10 seconds.

Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried many of the suggestions here.  None worked.  But when I started Adobe XI and quickly clicked Help --> Check for updates, it stopped closing and has worked (so far) ever since.  When I clicked Check for Updates, nothing happened, except the program stayed open, and has done so ever since.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines