• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader crashing after 10 sec of opening file

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PFD file shuts down automatically after 10 sec, had this issue a while back and was given a patch file fix but now it's doing it again.  How can I get a new patch?  And this is ridiculous, why does this keep happening!  Huge inconvenience to work day.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The response from them is to select preferences etc yet the application shuts down within 2 seconds and cannot click anywhere to change preferences. Literally unusable! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine was closing before I could even click the "Edit" button but I found a different fix

The fix for me was to go to "Add or Remove Programs", select Adobe, select "Modify". Follow the prompts and it fixed the issue for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have given up with Acrobe DC. 1) it does not appear in the windows list of programmes 2)it keep sutting (while I am shouting) within few seconds. 

Likely I found out that Microsof Edge open the PDF and it's stable too so I have set MS edge as default opener of PDF files and forget about Adobe. 

Bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearing out the %AppData\Adobe\ Folder completely Fix the Adobe closing after 10 seconds issue 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does my Acrobat Reader keeps crashing? ❤️ Powered By: https://www.outsource2bd.com 🌐 Hire us For SEO + Digital Marketing ➜ https://cutt.ly/70Gmoko If your Adobe Reader is crashing, download the latest version of the software from the official page and disable protected view at start-up. Do you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines