Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF files are automatically being Password protected

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I work for an MSP and we have a user at a client site that is having issues with Adobe. All of her PDF's are being automatically password protected. We are not sure how this is happening and she says that she is not doing it and she would have no idea what the password is. We have found a work around to getting these passwords off but it keeps happening and we are not sure why. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

How is she creating the PDFs?

Or are they created by other people and become password protected when they get to her?

Is she using the free Acrobat Reader or a paid version?

My first thought is that if she is using Microsoft Office to create PDFs, she has set Preferences in the Acrobat ribbon to automatically add a password. MS Office looks at those settings, as does Adobe Acrobat. It is optional (but highly recommended) that the user also look there as well.

Check that first, and send more details

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is she creating the PDFs?

Or are they created by other people and become password protected when they get to her?

Is she using the free Acrobat Reader or a paid version?

My first thought is that if she is using Microsoft Office to create PDFs, she has set Preferences in the Acrobat ribbon to automatically add a password. MS Office looks at those settings, as does Adobe Acrobat. It is optional (but highly recommended) that the user also look there as well.

Check that first, and send more details on the workflow if that's not the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you help us all out by providing the work around?  Others have said that but not shared for the greater good.  Nothing I have tried has worked.     Thanks much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines