• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Icon is not more visible in Email attachments since updated to Mac OS Ventura

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated my Imac to Mac OS Ventura the pdf attachements to Emails using Outlook for Mac, doesnt show the adobe icon anymore. Instead of that a little grey icon is showed. Preview and file open are working ok. I contacted Apple and they informed me that the problem lies in the logic how this icons are showed and that this is something Adobe has to adapt.

Can you help me to fix this issue?

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 111 Replies 111
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Andres26828488o4r0 

Thanks for reporting this to us.

Could you please confirm the exact version of Adobe Acrobat you are currently working with?

Open Adobe Acrobat>About Adobe Acrobat (Mac)> Check the version

Also, check if you have a pending update for MS Outlook. 

Do pdf files saved locally on your system have the correct PDF icon display? Please share the screenshot for both the icons.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. Is this an Adobe issue or Microsoft issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha,

I'm having the same issue, too.

Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm also experiencing the same issue. My screenshots are the same as everyone else so I haven't uploaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Have made a ticket with Microsoft but they can't help because it seems to be a Adobe Issue. I tried to switch from old Outlook work view to New Outlook work view but that didn't help. I hope Adobe can fix this for there customers and users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Akanchha

Adobe Version is 2022.003.20258. I have also checked the MS Outlook but no update is available, all is updated.

The files saved locally have the correct PDF Icon. I can see them in Finder

Andres26828488o4r0_0-1666985473912.png

Andres26828488o4r0_1-1666985539262.png

First image is from an attachement in Outlook, second is from Finder.

Hope this helps to solve this problem.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Akanchha

Unfortunatly I havent received any solution / Answer from Adobe to my (and lot of others) problem. Is this Adobes support policie? Im afarid I will be forced to look for another pdf reader which work fully ok with Mac OS Ventura.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have ther same problem after updating to mac os Ventura.

Is it Adobe problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem after uograde to os ventura

waiting for help

kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. The Adobe icon doesn't display in Outlook for Mac or in Alfred 5 when doing a file search. The Acrobat icon appears fine in Finder though. Problem occurs with both local files and files saved on the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having the same issue in both mail and desktop on my computer. .eps files are showing different icons as well as .pdf. Mail - is not showing anythign but a white rectangle with an outline like a piece of dogeared paper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too - using Mail app and the attachment icon is just a white box like this:

Anne05404_0-1668550121428.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that Adobe is aware that multiple users are experiencing this issue, I'd like to report that I am also. I've been experiencing this issue in Outlook on both my Macs since upgrading to Mac OS Ventura Beta. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. The .pdf adobe icon no longer shows on Outlook or Apple Mail. In Finder folder it seems fine.

Hopefully this can be sorted soon. Didnt realise how much an icon image changes your persepctive when wanting to open an email. The icon very close to those .html icon which are virus prone.

danielp18010468_0-1667253923341.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing the same issue. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall Adobe, but the icon is still not displayed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happening to me also. I tried switching default pdf files to PDF Expert by Readdle and did the same thing. I thinkit's an apple issue and not an Adobe issue. Expect a fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another side issue i have noticed is my Safari is not working correctly, not loading, only parts of webpages are showing up. Everything shows up in Firefox or other ones. Not sure if anyone else is having issues also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Same problem since MAC OS 13 Ventura, PDF icon are missing on email programs like Microsoft Outlook and Apple Mail !!!!!!!

It is very frustrating because I have no visibity on PDF email attachements !

However the PDF files work fine, it is only a preview issue ! (white icons)

I tried everything with no luck, unistrall adobe Pro, change PDF default program, reboot on safe mode. nothing worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem with me as well after Adobe got updated to 2023. I even reset the adobe creative cloud but still no luck. I hope Adobe give us an fix update asap. 
I dont think so it is Mac Ventura problem because other application icons looks fine in fact in finder all the icons are looking good. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, PDF works but the adobe icon doesnt show so I cant identify the format of the attachment.

I contacted Apple and Microsoft they arent able to assit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to hear this from multiple users.

To get this checked by our product team, we require more details from you.

1- A small video recording of your workflow. How do you attach the file and send it via outlook?

2- Screenshot of the current version of Adobe Reader installed. 

3-  Please collect the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  share them by uploading them to cloud storage (any)

Meanwhile, 

Run this cleaner tool to remove the existing installer and application’s files traces:

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html

And download the Acrobat Reader from here and try attaching the file again. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/reader/get-started.html

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem too. I have already reinstalled Adobe DC Pro, the entire M365 Office Suite and even reinstalled the entire Mac OS. I have been advised that this is an Adobe and Mac issue, not a Microsoft issue. I have attached a Screenshot of what the Outlook attachments look like, these are all Adobe PDF files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you, however after testing all these steps, I got the same pdf icon missing on email attachaments, (with apple mail and Microsoft Outlook both).

I even tried a clean install of MAC OS VENTURA, before instatting adobe reader, the PDF icons were good,

After installing adobe reader , the pdf attachement icons were gone !!!!

RaoufBELIMANE_0-1667848119444.png

Raouf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here... we can reproduce the issue on all of our Macs (intel based, M1 based) with macOS Ventura and Adobe Acrobat Pro (current version 2022.003.20258).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines