• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Icon is not more visible in Email attachments since updated to Mac OS Ventura

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated my Imac to Mac OS Ventura the pdf attachements to Emails using Outlook for Mac, doesnt show the adobe icon anymore. Instead of that a little grey icon is showed. Preview and file open are working ok. I contacted Apple and they informed me that the problem lies in the logic how this icons are showed and that this is something Adobe has to adapt.

Can you help me to fix this issue?

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 111 Replies 111
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was an update just recently wasn't there?  Still not fixed.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came on here to add that this issue is also causing problems when transitioning from a MAC to WINDOWS computer.

I saved files on our work server using MAC (while at home) and when I get to work, the files are either hidden (can only be seen on a MAC computer) or a opaque. The files are accessible but unless one types in the file name, they can't be seen. Very ood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today my Mac Mini did an auto update from Ventura 13.0.1 to 13.1. In doing so it required a reboot to complete the update. At this point, none of the Acrobat files had their red icon. When I logged in following the update the desktop appeared briefly with the Acrobat Pro documents displaying the correct icons. When I clicked on the desktop, immediately the screen flashed, the display changed, and the desktop files Acrobat files no longer displayed the correct Adobe icons. It's apparent to me that there is a conflict problem between Ventura and the Acrobat family of programs (Acrobat Pro and Acrobat Reader). No way can I create an Acrobat PDF file and have it display it's icon if I save it to the desktop or add it to an email. If I create a new PDF from within Acrobat (ie. Acrobat>File>Create PDF from Screen Capture) and save it to the downloads folder the red PDF icon displays. If I save it to the desktop--no red icon. All the PDFs in my downloads and documents folders display correctly. If I move them to the disktop or attached them to an Apple mail email they lose their icon. Surely this is enough info for someone from Apple/Adobe to figure out. It's darn annoying to have my business emails with attached PDFs be treated as a suspicious virus or spam attachment by the recipient. SOMEBODY FIX THIS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallelujah!!

I'm 96% sure this is an apple issue but it's 2023. The Apple market share is big enough that both Adobe and Apple should be dealing with this, and should have begun a fix months ago. So frustrating. Come on guys. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, Adobe was asking for info back in October, still not fixed. Ventura 13.2.1 with Adobe Acrobat Pro 2023.

Lame. Play nice together and fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to macOS 13.2 still doesn't fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. The attachments are blank on MS Outlook. But Spark email does display both pdf and MS office icons correctly. I think it is a MacOS issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is because Mail and MS Outlook using system icons instead of Spark that using own icons library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And same here. Operating Ventura and Adobe Architecture: arm64 Processor: Apple M1 Build: 22.2.20191.0. MAC Mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ventura 13.2 update does not fix this on an M2 Mac. I've done everything from a brand MacBook (out of the box) new build to unistalling Acrobat, reinstalling, removing plist, rebuild. Reinstalling Office 365, clearing cache, problem still exists. The PDF icon does not show up in Outlook or Apple Mail. All my employees 30+ are complaining. We send a lot of PDF's with finance and accounts and seeing blank icons can look unprofessional and some think it's a phishing attempt by other 'fake' employees. It is also hard to distinguish between files in attachments and is causing delays for everyone, as they have to double check that the file is not corrupted or they are actually sending a PDF. 

This is a MAJOR issue and it's been 3 months now with no definable input from Apple, Adobe or Microsoft. 

I'm hoping another reply pushes this issue to the forefront. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anthony, do viewers outside your organization seek an empty icon? The PDF icon shows on my receivers' end when I send it without PDF icon. Also, I did test from Mac Outlook to my Parallels Windows 11 Outlook and the PDF icon shows up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends. If they are running Ventura and Outlook app, no they do not see an icon. On Windows they do. Internally, no one sees the PDF icon as we are all on MacOS Ventura and the Outlook app. Outlook for web shows the icon. All other icons are showing up, as per my screenshot I posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue as of February 16, 2023. on a mac M2.

immeg35063174_0-1676554615719.png

immeg35063174_1-1676554707468.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on Feb 17, 2023.  No icon but previews in Apple Mail and MS Outlook work fine.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, previews work and Open As... works, but without an icon, you cannot determine the file type. If you have a number of PDFs and DOC files that are named the same, and attaching dozens of them, the blank icons become very important to double check your work. Having to go through every attachment, every time, a hundred emails a day, productivity is cut in half. It's a major issue. I have posts to Microsoft and Apple support boards and NO ONE in support is addressing this. I just updated to Ventura 13.2.1& Outlook up to date, issue has NOT been resolved. If anyone can figure this out, this IT guy's migraine from complaints may just go away 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue since I installed Ventura but it does not happen with Apple apps (Pages, Keynote or Numbers) In my case the same problem appears with all Miscrosoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and PPT documents, so it could be an Apple problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue.  The icons show in the finder window (and the files seem to open correctly) but the icon does not show in email attachments - exactly as already reported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also run on Ventura 13.2.1. M2 with latest adobe acrobat Pro. 2022.003.20314 and latest Microsoft 365. In our case, attached files Microsoft or pdfs, any file is invisible unless one hoover above it. Then a grey rectangle shows up and can be opened.

The issue is clearly an Apple issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem!!!

I updated yesterday to the last Ventura Version and in Mail.app there is only a white icon on my Pdf-Files!

Fix it soon please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ventura 13.3 - problem still there. It's the shame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ventura 13.2.1 and my emails suddenly have this problem. It looks so unprofessional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same thing happening. I just upgraded my iMac to a 2019 5K retina display, running Ventura 13.2.1. My older iMac is running Catalina 10.15.7 and it is still showing the Adobe PDF icon.

This looks really unprofessional when sending proofs through to clients.

Seems like we are all having the same issue, wen will it be resolved Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact it is not an Adobe's bug, but Apple's. The same situation with some other apps such as archivers, pdf and graphic files viewers. At the moment problem not resolved in 13.3.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines