• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF opens in other softwares but in 21.001.20135 getting a 'problem reading this document(109)'

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm able to open certain set of pdfs in all the softwares without error. It works even in previous versions of Acrobat reader. However, in Acrobat reader 21.001.20135, I'm getting the below error. (There was an error processing a page. There was a problem reading this document (109)).

Prashanth5C55_0-1613067544291.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please let us know if:

• This is specific to some PDF files or all files?
  • Please share the sample PDF file
  • Is it happening on Win or mac?
  • Are you accessing PDF files from local drive or network drive or cloud drives?
  • Does it work after disabling Protected Mode? (Disable Protected Mode by going to Edit > Preferences > General and deselecting Enable Protected Mode at startup. Then restart Reader to check again). Note: Do not keep your software at Disabled Protected Mode as it makes it vulnerable. Use this to just test and let us knowif it works.

We would definitely need sample PDF file where we can reproduce this.

Thanks,

Karan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Karan,

• Specific only to certain files
  • Is there any place I can send it privately?
  • It happens on Windows 10 machine.
  • Initially this happened when I accessed it from network drive. I copied it to my PC and tried opening and still got the same error.
  • I don't see the option in my preferences window. PLease check the screenshots.
  • Prashanth5C55_1-1613101462717.png

Prashanth5C55_0-1613101428655.png

Appreciate your help. I'll share the pdf with you privately.

Thanks,

Prash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For protected Mode preference: Please check under Security (Enhanced) section in preferences.

-Karan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shared the pdf that created trouble to your email. Also, I'm sharing the control panel entry for your reference.

Prashanth5C55_0-1613102725380.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled the checkbox as you had said, restarted the app and then tried. However, it still didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnak you for update Prash. I have recieved your file and will be debugging this issue. 

-Karan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Prash,

With the sample PDF file you have provided, we could reproduce the issue in older versions for Reader as well. Could you please confirm with which version was this working for you earlier? Currently we are getting badly formatted object error on content stream of the sample PDF you shared for page 1. Can you also share details like how this PDF is produced?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We get PDF files from API. Then, we use IronPDF (a C# plugin) to programmatically lay an image on top of the PDF. The initial file that we get works on Acrobat reader without issue. After we lay the image on the PDF file, we get this error only with the Acrobat reader. It opens normally in browsers (Chrome and Firefox)  and a few other software. Someone raised a ticket with my team saying that their team member was able to open this PDF in their system with Acrobat reader. I don't have the information right now. Is the version really important for you to identify the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the user in the team was able to open without error using Adobe Reader DC (32bit), Version-2021.001.20138.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any updates on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have reported this issue and as per the current investigation, the issue seems to be with the file.

We have noted all the details and we are still looking into this issue.

I will keep you updated.

Thanks,

Sweta Karn 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the details. Do you have any recent updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines